We simply don't know what to do.

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise

You are wonderful people for saving this sweet boy and giving him a loving home.
Totally agree.   How wonderful you are willing and able to keep him and give him a safe home with your other 'whiskers'.   

Sounds like a great vet you managed to get him along to, some can be really kind when they know an animal is a rescue.   All fingers and toes crossed here now that with the treatment he has had for parasites, the wounds he has had  
 ,   and thorough check so you know what condition he is in, you will now see him make rapid improvements, and start to grow in to a wonderfully healthy young cat.  Hope you are able to keep us posted on his progress, and show us photos as he grows.  
       Ooh, and do you have a name for this precious new feline member of your family yet?

I guess time will tell with the nerve for his front limb - hopefully you are right and not fully severed so he can make further recovery there and not have to go through surgery.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

valtonus

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise

Totally agree.   How wonderful you are willing and able to keep him and give him a safe home with your other 'whiskers'.   

Sounds like a great vet you managed to get him along to, some can be really kind when they know an animal is a rescue.   All fingers and toes crossed here now that with the treatment he has had for parasites, the wounds he has had  
 ,   and thorough check so you know what condition he is in, you will now see him make rapid improvements, and start to grow in to a wonderfully healthy young cat.  Hope you are able to keep us posted on his progress, and show us photos as he grows.  
       Ooh, and do you have a name for this precious new feline member of your family yet?

I guess time will tell with the nerve for his front limb - hopefully you are right and not fully severed so he can make further recovery there and not have to go through surgery.
   Thanks! His name is Cassius Clay, which is Muhammad Ali's name before he changed it. We gave him that name because of how much of a fighter he is! :)

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise

Thanks! His name is Cassius Clay, which is Muhammad Ali's name before he changed it. We gave him that name because of how much of a fighter he is! :)
I couldn't agree more, Cassius Clay fits him perfectly.  He is not only a fighter but a survivor too.

valtonus

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
     He is doing great! Being sweet, adventurous. Though one of my cats Andy gets rough when he plays with him.

ej x

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
You and your family are awesome! And I amsurre little Cassius will have a wonderful life thanks to you guys,

Thank you!

valtonus

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
  A new problem is arising. On his bad arm, he is losing hair. The hair isn't just losing spread out, it is concentrated, and it is getting worse by the day. I'll send pictures soon. I'm getting very concerned. We can't get him to the vet until the 7th. We wonder if it has to do with the puncture the doctor found on the other side of that arm(the hair loss is right on the opposite side of the puncture). 

Last edited:

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
It could be, but there are lots of other possibilities too, including the stress this little one has been through, and licking the limb if it is bothering him and could be painful all round - not just on the side of the puncture wound.

catwoman707

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

It could be, but there are lots of other possibilities too, including the stress this little one has been through, and licking the limb if it is bothering him and could be painful all round - not just on the side of the puncture wound.

I agree, unless it is ringworm popping up on just one arm, it must be self inflicted.

It's not unusual for a cat to groom a spot or area so much if it bothers him for whatever reason, to see hair loss and/or even redness creating a sore spot.

Maybe you can put a call in to CC's vet that you would like her to call you regarding an issue since you can't get him in for a while.

zed xyzed

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I agree with the above posts, it is likely that he is licking the fur off due to some discomfort in that area.