We Got Our Kitty!! Maybe Two

murielle

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi Everyone!

So I am happy to report that we adopted Beau, our little black cat.  He is five months old and the sweetest little kitty to ever walk the planet (I'm biased).  He is settling in quite well in our apartment and seems pretty happy.  He eats like he's never seen food before and loves to play.  He is also quite the cuddle bug and loves to spend time with me in bed in the morning.  He has claimed our bed as his territory :).

He's very curious, especially when it comes to running water, the TV or anything that moves.  He also likes to watch outside and has decided that he should explore the lobby of our building ( I want to get a harness to "walk" him around the building so he doesn't go stir crazy in the apt but not sure if that's a good idea or not as we live on the ground floor, near the main entrance)

He looks to my SO as the food giver, and for some reason thinks it's ok to join us at meal time.  Not sure where that came from.  I suspect customers who came to the shop would feed him people food and now he thinks that's what he should expect.

When we left the shop, my SO noticed Beau's sister.  He asked about her and we were told she was going to be adopted this past Friday.  Unfortunately, we don't think this happened as her profile is still on the adoption site.  My SO and I have agreed that if she has not been adopted by the end of the month that we would take her because we have been told by a few people that black cats have a harder time finding homes and we think it would be nice if they were reunited.

We're just wondering IF we adopt her, with the three week separation, should they be re-introduced like they never met or would they be ok with each other?

Thanks

Cheers

Murielle

Last edited:

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
Awwww, how sweet!  
  You'll have to share photos.  The title of your thread is intriguing "maybe two".  Is there another kitty in your future?!  

margd

Chula and Paul's roommate
Veteran
Purraise
Congratulations on the new family member! Beau sounds adorable. I'm a big fan of black cats having had 4 of them over the years. So glad you're enjoying the new baby so much.

NewYork1303

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think if you do adopt the sister, it would be a good idea to at least start introductions as if they never met. You'll be able to watch their physical cues to see how they react to one another. My guess is that the introduction process would be much faster since they are siblings, but since Beau will have established your home as his territory alone in three weeks time it would be a good idea to at least start things off as if they never met each other.

We would all love to see some pictures of our new addition.