We are now catless

VinceL

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
For the first time in over 25 years we have no cats to share our home with. We have had as many as 5. Over the past 3 years we have lost cats to old age/cancer/etc. Our last cat had to be put to sleep a couple of weeks ago. It has been very hard for me. I "see" him around the house every day. I have dreams about him.

We have a couple of Google Nests in our house. On the one in my office I have a rotating series of photos of all the cats we have ever shared our lives with.

We will be doing some traveling in May and early June. When we get home in June we have no travel plans until November. It will be the perfect time to bring some furballs into our home. :whiskers::whiskers::whiskers: I would like to adopt 3.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Bless your heart, it is one of the hardest things.

We will be doing some traveling in May and early June.
Being able to travel was a discussion in this house when we became aware that Poppycat wasn't doing well, regarding getting another cat (we hadn't felt comfortable leaving for any length of time with all the issues Poppy was dealing with, for several years).

However, I saw a video of Captain Jack on the shelter's website a few months later, and the rest is history :vibes::redheartpump::heartshape::redheartpump: I've signed up with a no-kill shelter's Legacy program and if anything happens to me and/or my partner, Jack will have a safe haven to go to.

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
We are fortunate that one of our daughters is a vet. She will take care of all of our cats in the event that we predecease them. We have a will set up with plenty of funding to cover the care of our cats.
I am so sorry for your loss(es). All your cats featured in your signature banner are beautiful and missing them is so very hard.

KittyCat_chitchat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My heart goes out to you. I've only once been completely without animals and the house just feels empty. Losing pets never gets any easier, but know that you gave all your kitties a wonderful life. I can see that just from their pictures on your signature, and from all the thought you've clearly put into arrangements for any future cats. Bless you for thinking of adopting.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I hope you can take comfort in knowing what a wonderful life you gave your dear ones, it meant everything to them.....
Thinking of getting 3 more is a wonderful tribute to those who have gone on, it adds to their love already in your soul and helps it to grow even stronger.
These little ones add so much to lives, it is so hard to have a quiet house when they go. The 'essence' that is them though will persist throughout your life, love is spiritual, so eternal. There will always be a part of them with you. Go forward into the future and live it as you would want for them to go on, that is love and they want no less. Eventually you will find your grief turns into gratitude for them sharing your life's journey.
My thoughts and prayers are with you all, I pray you will return and tell us of the next new adventure you embark on with the addition of those new little ones in your life........RIP dear boy. You will never be frogotten, you will always have a secure place in loving hearts. May the good Lord bless and keep you, until you meet again!

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
Oh, no, RIP sweet baby. That would be hard to be cat-less after such a long time. It’s wonderful you’re looking forward to welcoming more into your home and lives soon.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Rest you gentle, Sweet Friends, dream you deep. Your pawprints are on someone's heart forever.

I am so very sorry for your loss. Being catless for the first time in pretty much 70 years, I am currently very aware of how loud the absence of one small heartbeat can be. AND, I know, as well, that you are doing everything right in your plans for future cats in your home. Let me say this, since you are interested in adopting three, if you make known that you are willing to adopt a bonded trio, you may end up with rescues beating down your door.

IndyJones

Adopt don't shop.
Top Cat
Purraise
It would be nice if you could make at least one of those three an adult or seinor. I see so many just sitting in the cages poor souls. I have two cats (adult and a kitten/teen) already though.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

VinceL

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
We are very open-minded about the cats that we will adopt.

About 20 years ago we adopted 3 cats together whose owner surrendered them because she had cancer and could no longer care for them. Our vet estimated that they were about 7 years old. They were all wonderful cats.

Since we would like to adopt 3, our most important criteria is that they get along well with each other.

I am really looking forward to the next chapter in our lives with felines. :)

Stormy accepts you

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I recommend a black cat or a ginger, maybe a tuxedo. All crazy, but the best babies you will own. They will give you the laughter you need. Rest in peace, little lovelies. Watch over your owner , although I know you already are.

Antonio65

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
For the first time in over 25 years we have no cats to share our home with. We have had as many as 5. Over the past 3 years we have lost cats to old age/cancer/etc. Our last cat had to be put to sleep a couple of weeks ago. It has been very hard for me. I "see" him around the house every day. I have dreams about him.

We have a couple of Google Nests in our house. On the one in my office I have a rotating series of photos of all the cats we have ever shared our lives with.

We will be doing some traveling in May and early June. When we get home in June we have no travel plans until November. It will be the perfect time to bring some furballs into our home. :whiskers::whiskers::whiskers: I would like to adopt 3.
I'm so sorry for you recent loss.
I know how it feels when the house is void of cats, the whole house feels so cold, silent, strange, it isn't even home anymore, it's an alienating place where you hardly want to go back to at the end of the day.
I believe that a trip to somewhere may be a good idea to ease your hearts and get ready for your next adventure with a few feline friends. Those three kitties will be so lucky to find you.

My current cat's parents are named Bonnie and Clyde too, they are feral cats from a colony now permanent guests at the local cat shelter ❤