Watery eyes

BubzaLuna

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My British blue has occasionally got watery eyes throughout her life, I read it's a very common occurrence due to the shape of their faces. On Thursday it started happening late at night and I didn't think anything of it because usually it clears up by the following day. It was leaking a lot less the next day which was a big improvement so thought it was getting better, but by nighttime both her eyes were leaking. Today again it has improved and the left is only leaking slightly. It's clear fluid, no gunk or anything. She is absolutely fine otherwise. Eating, drinking, still bonkers. Before I am accused of being a bad cat dad lol I do want to clear up that I am always willing to take her to a vet, I'm very protective, but the trip is extremely traumatising for her and she always ends up very quiet for a few days after, which is heart breaking to see. Because she appears to be fine everywhere else and it has improved from last night, do you think it is safe to just wait and see? Or do you think it requires emergency attention? As I say if people think I should take her in I will do so, but I just don't want to take her for nothing as like I say, it really traumatises her lol!

Thanks for any advice.

Edit: just a quick add-on, last night it was leaking quite a lot to the point her left eye was half shut and she was blinking alot. Today however it isn't noticeably leaking unless you get up super close. She is also able to keep her eyes open fully, it's just now and again she will shut it a little before opening it fully again. So it has definitely improved from last night.

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
My parents dog had that problem. They had to give her drops. So, I would take her to a vet