Water Fountains And Scoop-Free Litter Boxes

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

CozyBreakfast

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I have the Wonder Creature pet fountain. It has a stainless steel pan and the inside is plastic, easy to clean. The fountain and its filters are inexpensive. My cat loves the moving water and doesn't bug me to turn on the bathroom faucet anymore. :happycat:
I bought this months ago because of your post, but I haven't actually put it together (and her want of the sink to be put on is still going strong). We didn't put it together yet because we weren't sure how to put it together, what to clean, etc. I'm finally not going to be lazy about this. Is this video from Amazon all I need to follow?

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07MKSC82B/?tag=thecatsite

IndyJones

Adopt don't shop.
Top Cat
Purraise
I tried the drinkwell platinum but ended up selling it. Indy would use it for showering instead of drinking. So I would have to chase her with a towel to keep her from getting water all over.

Haven't tried it but the friend I sold the drinkwell to has a litter robot. It connects to the phone even. Too pricey for me. I just use hooded litter boxes. Indy won't use it without the lid.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I bought this months ago because of your post, but I haven't actually put it together (and her want of the sink to be put on is still going strong). We didn't put it together yet because we weren't sure how to put it together, what to clean, etc. I'm finally not going to be lazy about this. Is this video from Amazon all I need to follow?

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07MKSC82B/?tag=thecatsite
Very nice choice! I watched the video and it's very easy to take apart and clean and put back together. Very similar to our basic Drinkwell. Yes, by following the video you'll do this right, and pretty soon you won't need to watch it because you'll know it by heart. I clean our Drinkwell weekly, and I bought out the stock on the filters from an indy business I like that was phasing out this model, so I have a good supply. So many companies "upgrade" frequently and then parts become unavailable (like so many other things, they want you to keep spending) so it's maybe a good idea to do this yourself. Hoping your cat will really enjoy her fountain!

Robyn5678

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Scratch the one I recommended. No ceramic. My cat got bad acne from her ceramic food bowls. Stainless steel or wash every day. No desire to do that with a fountain. She did love it. Still haven't found a good stainless steel
I use this stainless steel one and like it. It’s quiet which I like

Your pet will love this PetSafe Seaside Stainless Dog & Cat Fountain:
https://app.chewy.com/PWBZgP5dvpb

CozyBreakfast

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Very nice choice! I watched the video and it's very easy to take apart and clean and put back together. Very similar to our basic Drinkwell. Yes, by following the video you'll do this right, and pretty soon you won't need to watch it because you'll know it by heart. I clean our Drinkwell weekly, and I bought out the stock on the filters from an indy business I like that was phasing out this model, so I have a good supply. So many companies "upgrade" frequently and then parts become unavailable (like so many other things, they want you to keep spending) so it's maybe a good idea to do this yourself. Hoping your cat will really enjoy her fountain!
Thanks for the reply and tip!

Do you think I should clean the fountain before I even use it? Also in the video it didn't actually show how much water to put in. Weird.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks for the reply and tip!

Do you think I should clean the fountain before I even use it? Also in the video it didn't actually show how much water to put in. Weird.
Definitely, as with any human dishes, glasses, etc.!
You fill the bowl up to the top without spilling, and the same for the reservoir. I add to the bowl every day during the week, and clean the fountain weekly, as specified in the operating instructions. Once you get used to cleaning it, it doesn't take long at all. Suggestion: when taking the impeller motor apart, use your fingernail to pry the parts loose. Makes it a lot easier.

CozyBreakfast

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Definitely, as with any human dishes, glasses, etc.!
You fill the bowl up to the top without spilling, and the same for the reservoir. I add to the bowl every day during the week, and clean the fountain weekly, as specified in the operating instructions. Once you get used to cleaning it, it doesn't take long at all. Suggestion: when taking the impeller motor apart, use your fingernail to pry the parts loose. Makes it a lot easier.
Thank you :D

CozyBreakfast

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I put the pump the wrong way initially a few hours ago, but figured out I had it the wrong way. It works. Clara likes it. :D

Alldara

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
We use the Catit fountain. It's quiet and easy to set up and clean.
We bought the pioneer ceramic one and it gets slimy??? Even cleaning twice a week. Do not recommend.

As for litter boxes I recommend something a bit weird: have at least two types. You should always have at least one per cat (plus one extra if you can!). However, I found having three different ones also helped. My old cat doesn't like to use the covered one when sick. It's an easy sign to watch for. The like to use a large ferret corner one for poo. I don't know why but that's a total of 4 cats over the years who use that one specifically for that purpose. They don't even have access to is 24/7, but will ask for the door to the room to be opened to use that one for a poo. Having a high side uncovered one was great when my late cat started getting woobly. She could use that one best. We always keep a kitten one around in case someone needs to be quarentined in a smaller space. We don't use an electronic one but one that you flip to clean it. I also sanitize them all once a month.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We use the Catit fountain. It's quiet and easy to set up and clean.
We bought the pioneer ceramic one and it gets slimy??? Even cleaning twice a week. Do not recommend.

As for litter boxes I recommend something a bit weird: have at least two types. You should always have at least one per cat (plus one extra if you can!). However, I found having three different ones also helped. My old cat doesn't like to use the covered one when sick. It's an easy sign to watch for. The like to use a large ferret corner one for poo. I don't know why but that's a total of 4 cats over the years who use that one specifically for that purpose. They don't even have access to is 24/7, but will ask for the door to the room to be opened to use that one for a poo. Having a high side uncovered one was great when my late cat started getting woobly. She could use that one best. We always keep a kitten one around in case someone needs to be quarentined in a smaller space. We don't use an electronic one but one that you flip to clean it. I also sanitize them all once a month.
The corner box may feel more secure for them.

Tigger's Mum

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My cats have the Catit Flower Fountain (I'm in the UK) and they love it. It's easy to clean, has filters and holds 5 litres of water (over a gallon). The only time it got knocked over was when I knocked it over :rolleyes: but I picked it up quick before the water soaked everything. All our cats use it.

Litter boxes. I have several, mostly open litter boxes and one Omega Paws Roll 'n Clean which works really well. We're going to invest shortly in the Robot Litter Box 3 as, due to an accident 2 years ago, I can no longer lift heavy objects and my son wants to visit family 500 miles away. It will make our lives a lot easier (that's if the cats like it).