'Warriors' Series by Erin Hunter

stormchickx

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I'm wondering if anybody has read this? I really think it's kind of a cute idea. It was actually 3 women that wrote it and came up with the pen name 'Erin Hunter'. If nobody's heard of it, the website is here.

Since this is a children's book I guess I feel kind of silly wanting to read it but it's no different than Harry Potter since it's in the same age range. There is even a manga series that Tokyopop did for ages 10 and up that was pretty cute. If anybody has read it, let me know if it's any good and I might pick it up when I get some money in soon.

pookie-poo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm 48 years old, and I've read every one of the Warriors books. They're fun, and a quick, simple read. Lately though, I've gotten a little bored by them, because they all are rather similar after a while. I picked mine up at Walmart, for really cheap, so look there first!

tallulah

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Well I am 41 and have just read my daughters Warrior Cats, Into the wild, I really enjoyed it, just as well she has them all as I will definately be reading the next one lol.

kitytize

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I read the first 3. I enjoyed reading them but I can for sure see how they start to all seem similar.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

stormchickx

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Cool, when I get my rebate check in I might pick a couple of them up.

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My husband just bought these for me and I just began reading the first in the series...I like it so far

mybabies

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by kitytize

I read the first 3. I enjoyed reading them but I can for sure see how they start to all seem similar.
They all ARE similar BUT if you get bored with them just put them down for a day or so and when you pick them up again suddenly they will become fascinating again. I just read Twilight from the prophecy series and for a day or so it got bogged down and I was going to get another book to read. THEN I gave it another try and WHAM it took off and I found I could not put it down!

swampwitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow, you might not believe what a rage these books are with our 10-year-old and her friends! At recess, they play the role-playing game and her and two friends have a clan, with their cat-names. They have notebooks with drawings and stories about their clan!

We took Daughter and her clan to a haunted town & corn maze for Halloween at one of the local farms, and they had such a blast in the corn, averting the Shadow Clan and trying not to get too far ahead of the Two-Legs (my husband and I, lol!) Daughter is reading the series to me; we are on the first book. I am enjoying it very much!

***SPOILER! Alert***

I thought it would be bad when Rusty, the "kitty pet" left his family but he didn't give it a second thought!