Wall Starring

Cquinn1021

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I've caught our 7mth old kitty starring at my cork board quite a few times. Should I be worried? 20181009_072836.jpg

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Looking at the way he sits and stares, most likely he’s attracted to a spot that resembles an insect or some tiny insects moving. Their eyes are very sharp for tiny movements.

If he hangs his head hunching and face the wall without much movements, them it’ll be a greater concern as that may indicate that he’s not well and it requires the attention of the vet.

Last edited:

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hmmm... corkboard? Maybe he's trying to figure out a way to climb it. Or sharpen his claws.

Or like tabbytom tabbytom suggested, maybe he saw a bug there once, and keeps thinking he'll see it again.

egyptianmau

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Maybe he just wants to play. My kitty does that with the wall, staring up at it cos she wants me to 'wave' a feather on the wall and then jump up at it.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Definitely no need to be worried. She may have seen, or still sees, something on it. When I first got Willow she used to spend hours staring at one spot in the ceiling. We laughingly said she was seeing the ghost of the former resident cat. But after a year or two of this staring I realized what she was really looking at was a couple inch long cobweb. Ceiling cleaned and no more staring up at it.

Last edited:

Purr-fect

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've caught our 7mth old kitty starring at my cork board quite a few times. Should I be worried?View attachment 256354
No need to worry.

We had a female cat that loved to chase a laser pointer dot on the wall at dinner time. She would come and sit in front of the wall and stare at it. If I was tardy in starting the game, she would paw at the wall....and magically a red dot would appear and the games would begin!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Cquinn1021

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hmmm... corkboard? Maybe he's trying to figure out a way to climb it. Or sharpen his claws.

Or like tabbytom tabbytom suggested, maybe he saw a bug there once, and keeps thinking he'll see it again.
She was doing it in complete darkness. I just used a flash. She'll do it alone or when I'm in bed at night. 20181009_152138.jpg

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
They have very good vision and sense of smell in total darkness too.

Sometimes when I don't see my boy around and I go looking for him, he's in the room or bathroom in total darkness sitting there staring at something.