Vomiting Up Dry Food

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

cats5

Nicky
Adult Cat
Purraise
After my cat Peaches ate wellness core canned for 2 yrs,since she was a kitten, she could not keep it down. I finally discovered Dr Elseys Clean protein canned. It's like limited ingredient. She is fed small amount 4x a day. Less than normal in the morning, then Maggie comes back for more 15-30 minutes later so she gets more food. Even if Peaches begs for food I do not give it to her. Many times I have made the mistake of giving in then she'll throw up. I have started giving my cats egg yolk powder I bought online and pure bites treats
Will try out the Pure bite treats as you guys recommended once I get a diagnosis for my boy today. I did start using a probiotics in his food which is suppose to help with vomiting & or diarrhea.

lisahe

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I heard of Dr. Elsey's kitty litter but did not know there was a food option. Will have to check that out so thank you. Yes, I heard of Pure Bites & may try that as well for a snack. Well, hoping for the best today when I take him in to get checked out.
Yes, Dr. Elsey's foods are apparently very good! And so are Pure Bites -- our cats love them.

I hope the vet can help, though if the issue is a food sensitivity, it can be difficult to figure out what the problem is. (And we found out the hard way, with our previous cat, that not all vets are very good at diagnosing food and digestive issues.) In any case, feeding a spoonful of wet food is a great between-meal snack. Sometimes solutions like that -- something simple that works -- are the easiest workarounds in situations like these.

:crossfingers: for the vet visit!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

cats5

Nicky
Adult Cat
Purraise
Well, update on my Nicky boy. The vet gave me some metronidazole for vomiting plus some samples of a gastroenteritis food to try. Well, never gave him the meds as once I starting giving him the gastric sample foods as a snack, no more vomiting issues. Thank GOD. Well, for whatever reason, I guess his system can no longer tolerate the Royal Canin SO dry food as a snack but at least he can still tolerate the can food.

lisahe

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, update on my Nicky boy. The vet gave me some metronidazole for vomiting plus some samples of a gastroenteritis food to try. Well, never gave him the meds as once I starting giving him the gastric sample foods as a snack, no more vomiting issues. Thank GOD. Well, for whatever reason, I guess his system can no longer tolerate the Royal Canin SO dry food as a snack but at least he can still tolerate the can food.
I'm glad you didn't have to give him the metronidazole, that is nasty stuff! (I had to take it and had to stop -- it really affected my mood!)

Even better, I'm glad the other food works for Nicky!