Vomiting, Diarrhea, And Won't Eat- Vet Doesn't Know What's Wrong

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

alzycat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi @meowmylexi ! Thank you for the love :heartshape: Yoshi is doing remarkably well on the Prednisolone. She has not been sick once since she spent a couple days at the vet 2ish weeks ago (she did have a hairball on Friday, but it just seemed to be a one time occurrence), and her poops are finally solid and normal again. She has been eating a LOT, around 1.5-2 6oz cans of wet food a day (360 calories a day), as well as some bites of dry food throughout the day that I just leave out for her to nibble on. I'm just letting her eat whatever she wants right now- she does look and feel as if she has gained weight, but I still think she could put on a bit more. Plus, as said by other members, there will come a time where she will be too uncomfortable to eat as her illness progresses, so while she is feeling good, I want her to put on as much weight as possible (to a healthy extent of course!). She is her same old self, very cuddly and loving, and still as playful as a kitten. She has a re-visit appointment with the vet on Thursday where they will weigh her and discuss her progress. Hopefully keeps doing well for a long time :)

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
So so glad to hear she's better!! A couple notes, are you brushing her? Also I've heard bad things about greenies treats causing digestive issues. Hang in there!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

alzycat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Furballsmom Furballsmom Yes, I have been brushing her & also wiping her down with some wipes that are meant to help with shedding. She is a long haired cat though, so it seems that no matter how much I brush her, the brush will never stop collecting fur. And that is great to know about the greenies! I've been giving her greenies for years- not so much in the past couple weeks because I wanted to keep what she is eating simple so I can monitor her progress more carefully, but I'll find a new treat for her now that I know!

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
LOL, I really should try it on me, as well! I have fairly long hair, it comes to my hips, and I shed like a St. Bernard in August! Why I'm not bald is beyond me. My hair and Hekitty's fur get tangled in together, and we have dust bunnies that could take over a third-world country.