Vomit & tired

ClumsyBear

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My cat has been sick since Sunday. He wasn't able to keep food down on Sunday, and threw up again on Monday. He hasn't had much of an appetite since Monday. We went to the vet this morning and they're running blood tests and stuff, we're waiting on results (should arrive tomorrow). In the exam, it seemed like he was having some pain in his stomach area.

The vet gave him some anti-vomit medicine as well as some type of pain medicine.

However, my cat still seems really off. He's been staying in his carrier all day (he likes his carrier, but usually wouldn't stay that long in it). He's just had no energy.. i did manage to have him eat a small can of wet food, and some chicken bone broth. I'm wondering if there's something else I can do to help him while we wait on more info from the vet??

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Since you are expecting some test results tomorrow, I would feed him whatever he will eat in the meantime. That can be most anything you want to try. The anti-vomit meds and the pain meds might not have yet fully kicked in. Hopefully, if those were injections, they gave you some to give him orally as a follow up.

Baby food meat (Gerber Stage 2 or Beechnut) are usually very well received by most cats, even when they are not feeling well. So, if you have those in a local grocery store, you might pick up some jars and give him those to eat.

Keep us posted. Let us know what the tests tell you and how he is doing!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ClumsyBear

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Since you are expecting some test results tomorrow, I would feed him whatever he will eat in the meantime. That can be most anything you want to try. The anti-vomit meds and the pain meds might not have yet fully kicked in. Hopefully, if those were injections, they gave you some to give him orally as a follow up.
Unfortunately, I didn't get any extra meds for him. The vet said they would last about 24 hours, and he should have results for me around then anyway.

I was able to get him to eat some tuna and salmon mousse wet-food(what cat can resist fish, right?) and some broth (for cats) because I was worried for hydration. He also loves freeze dried liver, so I gave him a few pieces. The food seems to have given him some more energy!
He's finally walking around, and showed some interest in his toys. He's still not his usual self, but he's looking better. I'm definitely less anxious now too.

Hopefully we can get an answer tomorrow! I'll update as soon as possible.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ClumsyBear

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Little update: Vet said there's nothing that really seems of concerned about his blood test. We are still waiting on another test, we'll hear more tomorrow.
Fortunately, Hobbes does seem to be better! He was very playful and affectionate when we woke up and he's been walking around our apartment, instead of just sleeping in one spot like yesterday!