vibes for Eric

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jean44

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, tonight I'd say Eric is about 90% back to normal. He hopped in my lap for the first time since this episode started.
His appetite is much better, although he is trying to get the good food the others are eating. I have to keep directing him to his c/d. I believe he peed today as I found an ENORMOUS clump of pee in one of the boxes. Eric had been hanging out in that area so I hope that was his. Still hoping to collect a sample. The doctor also wants a poop sample mid-week. I'll have to follow him around to catch him in the act and get a sample.

Palekana will not eat her food with the meds dissolved in it.
I've tried two flavors both of which she has eaten before. She licks up the liquid and refuses the solids. She was willing to eat out of the other cats' dishes tonight and had a good appetite so I assume it was the taste/smell of the meds. Even Tiggy and Fluffy wouldn't eat her food.
Tomorrow I think I'll get some Figaro tuna. It's really smelly so it may hide the meds better. If that fails I'll have to ask the vet about having the compounding pharmacist mix something. On a good note, she didn't seem to be having as much trouble with the kibble tonight. I have not seen her pee inappropriately nor have I found anything but that doesn't mean anything.

Tomorrow is another day.

jean44

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Eric finally provided a urine sample this morning-don't ask how I did it.
I managed to get it to the vet's office before they closed at noon for the holiday. The vet called me and said the Eric is spilling sugar into his urine. Oh s--t, I think. So, the plan is to wait until he is off the antibiotic for about 7 days and then do a blood panel to get his baseline sugar level. The vet said that the prednisone he is on could contribute to this problem. He can't go off the prednisone because he starts coughing if he is off it for about 48 hours. I learned this when I experimented a few years ago to find out how long he can go without the prednisone.

His pH was 6.5, a tad high but that is because he snuck in some of the other cats' food (I think/hope). The last two days, since he got his appetite back, I've forced him to eat only the c/d, much to his disgust.

katachtig

Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
They really can be aggravating sometimes. Sending more vibes for Eric.

jean44

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks to all for the replies and extra vibes.
We need it. I just hope no one else gets sick.