Vibes for dog hit by a car, please?

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh I was so hoping for a happy update.  For you and for Riley.  And
 to everything Laurie said.  I know it's what I would want to know if that happened to one of my precious babies.

Oh Heidi, I can't imagine how difficult that was.
How just horribly tragic this happened while the family was on vacation! But it must have been so comforting to for Riley's dad to know that his baby was not alone, that people cared, and tried to help.

I'm so sorry he didn't make it.

Wait peacefully over the bridge for your daddy to one day join you, Riley.

for his family.

miagi's_mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, I am so sorry. Thank you for caring about him, RIP sweet boy. :(

frankthetank

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
That is so sad. I think you are awesome for stopping to try and help the poor thing.

I know it isn't the same but...a couple years ago my husband found a squirrel in our yard. Was barely moving, back legs looked paralyzed. We got him in a cat carrier and searched til we found a wild animal rescue in the area. We took the squirrel in and had to fill out some paperwork. Poor thing was barely hanging on but we didn't want to think of it just miserable in our yard unable to move its entire back end. I got an update from them a week later that however he was injured it was too severe to save him, he was a young one too. I cried :( And I am not even a fan of squirrels.

Also a couple months ago, my husband and I were driving near a park in our area one day and hit something. We felt the car bump something and looked back in the rearview and saw a small brown lump in the road. We turned the car around and drove back that way and saw nothing. We stopped the car and saw blood in the street so we went searching and a couple minutes later saw a small animal on the side of the road. I wanna say it was a possum, but honestly I don't remember....either way, I tried to call the wild animal place for 20 min straight. It was hot that day, in the mid 90s and this animal crawled under our car to get shade while we stood on the side of the road not knwoing what to do. We knew we couldnt transport it to the wild animal hospital bc we had nothing to put it in. I ended up starting to walk to the ranger station and was able to flag down a park ranger who captured it. He said they have contacts at the wild animal hospital and was supposed to get it transported there. I tried to call the next day to check but never got through or got a return call.

I can't imagine someone wouldn't stop to at least check out a bump while driving...One of my biggest fears driving in my neighborhood is that a couple neighbors have outside kitties...I always drive slow on my street...I can't imagine hitting someones pet, I would feel absolutely horrible.

RIP Riley :(

nurseangel

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I don't usually come to the Bridge, even when it's one of my own.  Somehow, this caught my attention and I read it.  That's such a sad story.  Bless you and the others who helped.  I feel terrible for the owner, as well.  The way DH and I came to own a dog (RIP, Bo) was that we were on our pick up dinner at a restaurant and saw a dog get hit on the very busy highway.  He ran into a ditch and a friend of DH's (on the way to a horse show with a trailer of horses) saw us by the side of the road and stopped, too.  The dog was bleeding from his mouth and coughing up blood. We called our vet and she came out, though it was pretty late on a Friday night.  We thought the dog would have to be PTS, but other than a broken leg he was fine.  We could not locate the owner, so we kept him.  And I'll never forget that the people at the restaurant held our take-out order for hours until we could get there to pick it up.