Vet's Best Flea & Tick Spray - Recommended!

Vikingsmommy

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hey all!

Sorry in advance for being that annoying newbie that repeats what's probably been said a million of times before. However, the searches I did within this forum didn't match anything about this product!

It's the absolute best if you have fleas in your house! I have had cats 12+ years, and whenever there has been a flea infestation it's always taken so long to get rid of the fleas in the house. With this stuff they are dead within minutes. It's so good I even wrote an essay of a review of my Amazon purchase, a time where I was literally at my wit's end and was going to get the house bombed (old Florida home with so many cracks in walls etc it's almost impossible to know where the fleas are hiding).

That's all really. It's actually safe to use on cats, however I use this for my house purely. I spotted a flea on my cat after moving in to a new house, and I sprayed everywhere plus put his usual flea medicine on (Cheristin). Fleas - dead.

It also smells good (if you like essential oils) so the house smells fresh after too.

That is all - strongly recommend this even just as a cupboard essential!

Attachments

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Sorry in advance for being that annoying newbie that repeats what's probably been said a million of times before
LOL, not to worry, you are fine ;)
I will say that you may receive posts with concerns over peppermint oil on felines - as I understand it, the ASPCA warns against peppermint oil.
from @mrsgreenjeens
quote from the ASPCA:
"Peppermint Oil
If ingested, the peppermint plant and its oil could indeed potentially cause harm to your cat. Cats are especially sensitive to peppermint oil, and effects such as gastrointestinal upset, central nervous system depression and even liver damage could occur if ingested in significant quantities. Some peppermint oil formulations also contain aspirin derivatives, which could result in additional toxicity. Furthermore, if inhalation of the volatile oil were to occur, aspiration pneumonia may be possible. Based on this, we would not recommend using peppermint leaves or oil in areas where your cat is allowed access." So, based on that, I would say to use your own discretion.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Vikingsmommy

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Yes - I did research that before I purchased it, however, I also researched the flea medicine my own VET recommended (and applied) to my boy when he was a kitten, and nearly died when I read bad reviews (incl cause of death?!) about it. I've used Cheristin for about 10 months now and my boy is fine (just mad at me every time I apply it).

I personally don't think it's dangerous for cats - my cats were laying on top of blankets that were sprayed with it and they were okay, but of course it can depend on the cat/amount of peppermint oil they may ingest. :)

LOL, not to worry, you are fine ;)
I will say that you may receive posts with concerns over peppermint oil on felines - as I understand it, the ASPCA warns against peppermint oil.
from @mrsgreenjeens
quote from the ASPCA:
"Peppermint Oil
If ingested, the peppermint plant and its oil could indeed potentially cause harm to your cat. Cats are especially sensitive to peppermint oil, and effects such as gastrointestinal upset, central nervous system depression and even liver damage could occur if ingested in significant quantities. Some peppermint oil formulations also contain aspirin derivatives, which could result in additional toxicity. Furthermore, if inhalation of the volatile oil were to occur, aspiration pneumonia may be possible. Based on this, we would not recommend using peppermint leaves or oil in areas where your cat is allowed access." So, based on that, I would say to use your own discretion.