Vet seems a bit rough

meowsenberg

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
So at my cats last visit to the Vet, the Dr. is administering his Rabies shot. As the shot is plunged the reservoir end broke off from the syringe end and the fluid sprayed 2 to 3 feet away from the shot.

I'm wondering if this seems a bit hack. In comparison, do Diabetics jam their thumbs down on their shots that hard shooting insulin into their body at 100 miles per hour.

I can't imagine pushing that hard for a shot for anyone or any living thing unless it was someone getting a lethal injection for a heinous crime.

Also, maybe not so bad, but then for the blood sample the vet was wiggling the needle back and fourth when not enough blood was coming. It seemed okay but when it was over I have never seem so much bleeding from a blood extraction before.

Am I over reacting?

I already want to change Vets but am interested in what others think.

ondine

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
We had a new vet in our regular practice that jammed the needle into my cat's hind end so hard the tip came out again and the vaccine squirted all over us.  I didn't say anything but she knew I was not happy.  The vet tech ended up coming back and giving the cat a proper shot.

After that, I always made sure I asked for ANY other vet in the practice but her.  I heard later she doesn't like cats and now sees mostly dogs.

midnightkitty

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I am with you, the vet seems to be a bit rough.  If there are other vets in the office, ask for them when scheduling appointments. If you have no options at that office, I would go elsewhere.  If they are that bad for something simple, just imagine what would happen when there was a more complicated matter to be dealt with.  At my vet's office they always take the animal into the back room when doing blood draws or any treatment that would need the help of a tech. Vaccines are the only things that I have actually seen the vet do in the room, besides the exam or any treatment I would need to do at home.