Vet Not Open Until Tomorrow Morning, How Severe Is This?

PrincessCardia

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi, I’m hoping to get some advice before my vet opens tomorrow. I can’t find any resources online that don’t charge money to ask a vet.

My 3-year-old kitty has been sick since yesterday. She has no appetite, squinted/runny eyes, sneezing, is lethargic, and today has had diarrhea and has vomited foam. Her breathing isn’t strained but is a bit fast when she’s awake. One of my other kitties had a cold recently so I assumed she caught it from her, but she didn’t have the vomiting and diarrhea this one has. She did get a few big drinks but has only licked slightly at food. Is this a life-threatening emergency? My vet will open in about 13 hours and I’m really worried. Thank you.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Welcome to TCS! :wave3: I'm glad you joined the site and came here for support.
It sounds like she has symptoms of a URI that may have possibly developed into something else. What was the diagnosis and treatment for your other cat? Did your vet tell you it was contagious and to separate the two of them?

Regarding whether this is life-threatening, we cannot answer that since we are not vets. However, I would suggest calling a 24 hr. veterinary emergency clinic and ask them if they feel it can wait until your vet opens tomorrow morning.

Best of luck, please keep us updated on your kitty's progress. :alright: