Very small white specks in cat stool

Megan&Cleo

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I listed my cat's full history on my other post, here.

She is 7 months old and her stool has been bad for about 1 month since starting antibiotics and being diagnosed with giardia. I feel like these specks are too small to be worms but then what are they!? Really scared and worried for her. Starting on S boulardii on monday when my package arrives.

Should I be worried about these specks? Tip of q-tip for scale.
Also how bad does this stool like? Its very wet but not 100% wet at least.

Thank you so much in advance.

signal-2021-11-20-202829_001.jpeg
signal-2021-11-20-202833_001.jpeg

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi. I think it looks like tiny specks of litter as well, and the loose stool probably 'picks them up' easier than harder stool would. As far as the consistency of her stool, I would say - after reading your other thread - all the medications have probably had an impact on that, not to mention the giardia. Has the vet declared her clear of the giardia yet? I would imagine until she is cleared and off of all the meds, her stool might likely stay soft. She is young, so make sure she is keeping hydrated well to offset the moisture she is losing through the soft stools. I hope the s boulardii helps!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Megan&Cleo

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you so much for the reply.

don’t think it’s litter because I saw those specks on top of fresh stool and didn’t let her bury it. They are like 1 mm in size. Could it be the start of worms?
she has been cleared of giardia for abouts 2 weeks which no improvement to her stool. Luckily she seems to be a good water drinker and I add water to her wet food.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Megan&Cleo

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
UPDATE:

I realized that there are small white specks in the Purina FortiFlora! I think the white specks in her stool must be from this!!

Thankful its probably nothing bad.