Vegetarian & Vegan Food and Lifestyle

Willow's Mom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
inside of your imagination and/or smartphone app
Some shelters have pet food pantries too, so if you're willing to feed canned/dry (I wasn't sure if you were), they might be able to help.
I don't think it's that bad yet, but it's surreal right now and things could change quickly.

[This message has been truncated]

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
Back to the topic... :)

And hopefully 10 or 20 years from now, it will better still again.
When I first became a vegetarian, is was so much harder to go out to eat. Now it’s really unusual to go to a restaurant that doesn’t have vegetarian options.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Now I've got a question for you: do you think that it's immoral for me to accept meat from the food bank, take it home, and sprinkle EZ complete on it? This would be when I don't have the option of taking beans or something else that I'm actually going to eat. The food is a combination of donations from local businesses and USDA commodities. I don't qualify for food stamps because of toxic family sh*t that is similar but not identical to what M maggiedemi has shared that she has and is still struggling with. I do have credit cards that aren't maxed out and that is why I was able to buy the Stella & Chewy's.
Absolutely not. Not a bit. Would someone think it was immoral if you took the meat, cooked it and gave it to a human? Of course not. These animals are your family members and they need to eat too. If they offer you the meat, take it, prepare it and give it to them with your head held high. If someone has a problem with that, send them our way. We'll handle it. Once you take the food it is yours to use as you see fit.:hugs:

Last edited:

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Okay, I got the tofu! I just need to know what to do with it. Can I freeze it in portions?

KittyCat Angel

A lover of cats ❤
Young Cat
Purraise
I mostly think about health benefits of meatless diet. Seems vegetarians have less cancer and remain slender which helps with blood pressure and diabetes. I go on and off with vegetarian. I eat mostly poultry and fish - very little red meat. I certainly understand the moral reasons for being vegetarian. 😘

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
And hopefully 10 or 20 years from now, it will better still again.
That depends on the nursing home. I was going to have dinner with my mother at the home she was in but they had nothing that was vegan. I was vegan at the time. I just hope I die before I have to go into a home because I will not ever eat meat.

Willow's Mom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
inside of your imagination and/or smartphone app
Thank you. I don't think I can fit a baking sheet in the freezer, but I'll see what I can do.
I freeze things on baking sheets all the time and they usually fit. If it doesn't, you can get a foil one fairly cheap at the grocery store and bend/cut it to fit.

I use my freezer a lot. To maximize freezer space, I use ziplock bags. You freeze them flat and then when they're solid, you can stand them on their edges and fit a lot in a small space.

I miss my big freezer. I'll probably get a refrigerator sized upright for short-term storage and a big ol' chest freezer for long term when I make my first million, lol.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I freeze things on baking sheets all the time and they usually fit. If it doesn't, you can get a foil one fairly cheap at the grocery store and bend/cut it to fit.

I use my freezer a lot. To maximize freezer space, I use ziplock bags. You freeze them flat and then when they're solid, you can stand them on their edges and fit a lot in a small space.

I miss my big freezer. I'll probably get a refrigerator sized upright for short-term storage and a big ol' chest freezer for long term when I make my first million, lol.
I love my chest freezer. I bought it at back to school time. I bought it for DD's dorm room and told her it was MINE when she graduated! :lol:

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They had tons of vegetarian food when I was in the hospital. They had so many choices, then you just circle what you want. Times have changed. I remember when the only vegetarian option was salad.
I was in the hospital 5 years ago and the only choice I had to eat was oatmeal, bananas, OJ and a small salad. I was there for 3 days and lost 5 lbs. I also need to go for knee surgery on both knees and rehab for a month. I will probably loose 20 pounds.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I was in the hospital 5 years ago and the only choice I had to eat was oatmeal, bananas, OJ and a small salad. I was there for 3 days and lost 5 lbs. I also need to go for knee surgery on both knees and rehab for a month. I will probably loose 20 pounds.
Can you contact the hospital/rehab and let them know in advance so they can prepare?