Vegetable Glycerin

Dersa

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello, i started to use vegetable glycerin (99,95%) in my homemade cosmetics (hair sprays, for my face...). But today I thought about if my cats suck my face with this product if it will be toxic to them. I can not find information about it. Thanks you!

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Funny thing is, after thinking about your post, I decided to look at the hypo-allergenic cat wipes that I use on Feeby's behind - turns out the second ingredient is glycerin. Not sure what kind of glycerin, but I have been using them on her for months. Good thing I was already planning on moving to plain wipes and chamomile tea bags!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Dersa

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Funny thing is, after thinking about your post, I decided to look at the hypo-allergenic cat wipes that I use on Feeby's behind - turns out the second ingredient is glycerin. Not sure what kind of glycerin, but I have been using them on her for months. Good thing I was already planning on moving to plain wipes and chamomile tea bags!
Hi, thanks for reply. I have read the article that you have put and now i have more questions haha. I have seen that there are different types of glycerin i use vegetable glycerin but not certified as eco, and I do not know if there is a type of glycerin for animals... Thanks for help :)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Dersa

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Does anyone else know if it's dangerous? :D

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise