Using dog frontline flea medication for my cat?

kstonya

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I dont buy from them I have used frontline4less and they send you a kit with instructions on how to dose out the frontline

james young

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
If you put frontline preact it contains permethrin. Which is very toxic to cats imagine even their add says starts killing flees in 5 mins it will cause enormous reaction at site burns and they get Pauling hallucinations I gave by mistake washed it off within 5 mins vet treating him say many cats die from this so never try this horrible toxic stuff on your cat if you put it on your dog and they are friendly the dog rubs on the cat he will get the burnt skin a vet teque lost her cat this way

patticakes

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I have used Frontline Plus for X-Large Dogs over 89 pounds and then administer .5 ml to each cat I treat. Have done so for many years with no issues. I used to treat them all but for the past couple years, I have been treating only those who prefer to live outdoors and those who are indoor/outdoor - and thus far, no fleas or ticks on any of them, even though the indoor-only cats have not been treated for quite some time.

I order from Budget Pet Care in Canada. Good prices, free shipping, and excellent service. They have saved me a bundle!

kstonya

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I get my frontline from frontline4less.com and it is sent with instructions on how to dose.

james young

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
What ever you do do not use frontline triact it contains permitherin TOTALY toxic for cats on cats it burns them at the site and from within many cats die from this it is a terrible aggressive product their advertisement says starts killing ticks in z5 minutes how good can this be for the animal a vet teque at my local clinic lost her cat she used it on her dog they were very friendly he got it on him from the dog and died wonder what unfortunate animals they test on

kstonya

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I do not use frontline triact Frontline4less does not use frontline triact they use frontline Plus a different product.

darla hill

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Up to this year had great results w pet armor for dogs on my cats,but now doesn't seem to be killing fleas. Bought petaction plus is the dosage chart same as petarmor/frontline plus? can I use dog meds. on cats as well?
Thank-You
dj

siamiam2

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I do not recommend one spot for dogs for cats. Your cat could get very sick. Etofenprox is the best for one spospot. My cat itches from it but here's the thing: Hafta uses it in the purple collar (the cheap one) and servants uses it for their one spot flea and tick. It's cheap. 5 bucks for 3 months worth. It does a fantastic job. I never trusted the one spot and kept buying the collar but when she got outside time it was either soon off, or dirty and 3 bucks adds up in a short time. Servants has been around for30 or 40 years and has improved and now makes for cats. Please,please rethink your use of dog stuff for cats. I've read scary things on the internet about that.

marissabella

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
The be sure. contact the company. There will be a phone number on the box. They will help you out with this... 

kstonya

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
There is a company that sells frontline plus that gives you the correct doses for cats it is called frontline4less it is the exact same meds that is in the cats product. check the ingredient

siamiam2

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I only have one thing to say: a cat is not a dog no matter how small the dog. My body is just as fragile as my cats. I can't eat meat,chicken and the like. She can but a dog can ingest anything including gum and be just fine. Using flea and tick stuff for dogs on cats terrifies me I don't care what some company that caters to dogs says.

kstonya

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Everyone has to make the choices that they believe in we have given places to research and you make you choice for your cat. I have to look at my finances and provide the protection that I can afford I have tried the service I mentioned and my cats and dogs have not had any problems.

crystal dawn

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Never, I can not stress the never enough, use a product made for a dog on a cat. It will more times than not harm the cat or even kill them. Use a cat product only. It's the only way to be safe. Do try to avoid the cheap products as well those use cheap ingredients that do more harm than good. Flea control isn't cheap budget accordingly even if it means doing without something you want for the good of your animals. I'm also trying to fight fleas on six cats and a dog no less.

Last edited by a moderator:

crystal dawn

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Yes it's a personal decision but using a dog product will poison your cat. I wasn't forcing anything I was just making the point that dog products no matter what they are can and do harm cats. The chemicals used in the two products are completely different because cats can not handle the same things that dogs can. Their bodies are completely different. As I have both cats and a small dog the vets tell me to be super careful and not mix up the two because the dog product will kill my cats and there will be nothing they can do to help them.

siamiam2

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
It's easier with one cat than several pets. Definitely for me its less expensive. I'm on a tight budget so I was glad to see the one spot was so cheap but? Overall..Front line is way too popular to trust. Cheaper is better and Servants is a long trusted brand which now makes for cats. Borrowed the etofenprox idea from HRtz purple collar. It's safe and cheap and I don't have any fears of it harming my child. A little itchy can be tolerated by us both. I trust nothing else. Again: Front line is too popular and costlt. Isn't cheaper and more trusted and effective better?

crystal dawn

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
hartz and sargets aren't to be trusted. Pets have gotten sick and died after their owner used it on them. Advantage has a good rep.