Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

crazyanimalperson

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Today's post is not what I wish it was. I noticed this morning Gus was having some issues, I was able to get off work early to rake him to the vet. He was acting normal, eating food he just seemed to be struggling to go pee. I was hoping he was having a flare up of FIC or a UTI, unfortunately, he has strictured. I knew after the second surgery there would be no other options but I hate that it has come to this. I couldn't bring myself to put him down when he was acting like his goofy self, and the vet felt comfortable ging me some meds to keep him comfortable, as long as I bring him in when he stops eating or using the bathroom. So for as long as he is not in pain, we will enjoy our time together, and he will get to eat whatever he wants to eat and do what he whatever he wants.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I am so sorry to hear this. Just remember, you are not on this journey alone. We will be here.

crazyanimalperson

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
So this week was pretty good. I was honestly expecting to have to say goodbye after the weekend, but Gus pepped back up by Saturday. He still has strictures there is no fixing that but for right now he is going if in very small amounts and seems pretty happy. So we will just keep living life until his quality of life starts to go.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Sometimes, that is all that we can do, to be watchful and unselfish when the time comes! I'm keeping the candle lit that that time may be a good bit from now!

00000000000000000.jpeg

crazyanimalperson

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Everyday since my last post was a good day for Gus until today. This morning Gus was blocked. I called the vet and we let Gus go. He was an amazing cat and will be missed

sweetblackpaws

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
You literally did EVERYTHING possible for Gus. I am so sorry to hear this news. Your efforts were nothing short of heroic for sweet Gus.

Ughh, IMO, blockages and PU surgeries are some of the most complicated things a cat can go through.

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
So very sorry to read this news. We’ll close the thread now out of respect for your loss, and we invite you to post a tribute to your sweet Gus in our Crossing the Bridge forum. Crossing the Bridge

Status
Not open for further replies.