Urinating small amounts

lokhismom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
This morning my baby Lokhi who is 10 months old was going in and out of the litter box and I noticed he was peeing only small amounts.
He's never had issues before. He seems to be behaving normally. He ate his wet food this morning too.

I'm very disappointed he may be having a problem urinating. I feed both my kitties good quality wet food and I often add bottled water to his wet.

The only dry he gets is an occasional treat. Will take to vet in morning but just sad and frustrated that I thought I was doing good for him and there may be a problem

wolflover326

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Even feeding the best of foods, sometimes our kitties still get sick. If he's partially blocked or has bladder crystals, sometimes some cats are just more prone to them, no matter what we do to help. It's just nature, and we can't always prevent some medical conditions. <3

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise

Even feeding the best of foods, sometimes our kitties still get sick. If he's partially blocked or has bladder crystals, sometimes some cats are just more prone to them, no matter what we do to help. It's just nature, and we can't always prevent some medical conditions. <3
This is true, so don't beat yourself up.  But DO keep a close eye on him, because if he blocks, then it becomes critical to get him in ASAP. 

Is it possible he's under some undue stress?  Sometimes stress can cause urinary issues.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lokhismom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Thank you.

I don't think he's stressed. I did adopt a new kitten in November but they get along fabulously. Play all day with each other. My Lokhi is one of those kitties I'd call high strung. He's a good boy but he loves attention and tends to cry a lot and look for attention.

Ill keep an eye on him. Unfortunately, I'm working right now but he seemed himself when I left the house. I'm running home in a couple of hours.

I was just reading Dr Piersons website and she also said food(feeding water depleted diet) and stress can be a cause.

I have no idea what may have caused an issue here [emoji]128549[/emoji]

momofmaxwell

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hi I'm sorry your little one is going through this.Pls keep an eye out as if your babe becomes completley blocked which can happen it is an emerg.There is a FLUTD feline lower urinary tract disease group at Yahoo.not that your kitty is dealing with disease but I know as I belong there a urinalysis will have to be done right away.if bacteria is found in the urine a culture & sensitivity test must be done.you have to tell your vet that.As lots of vets will give clavamox when in fact when they grow the bacteria that antibiotic may not be the one to kill that bacteria.Inflammation down there as well will also make your kitt go in & out.Pls Join.With male kitties it is worse.So the sooner the better I think.

[email protected] Hugs C.  Typos expected..

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lokhismom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Thank you.  I'll likely look into joining.    I did read on Dr. Pierson to make sure and ask your vet to do a culture & sensivity test.   So if my vet doesn't suggest it I should say thats what I want?

I came home from work and Lokhi was sleeping.  He came running when I came in the door which is normal for him.  He then cried to eat which is normal.  He ate his wet food normally.    After he ate he went to the litter box  and he was in and out again only eliminating small amounts.  The amounts are about the size of a quarter. Sometimes a bit smaller or bigger.     So thankfully, he's able to go a little but I will have to take him to the vet in the morning.

He's acting completely normal though. He doesn't appear to be in pain. He's playful and has his appetite.  So if I didn't notice him going in and out of box I wouldn't suspect anything was wrong. 

rlavach

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I'm sorry that you're going through this. I have a cat with urinary issues, so I know how hard & frustrating it can be. Did you get a chance to bring him into the vet today? Some vets are more well versed in these issues than others. What were the results?