Urinary Blockage Medication

Jericho1

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My cat had issues with urinary blockage. He stayed at the vets overnight for 3 days with a catheter/IV fluid.
We brought him home last night and he has peed normally last night and once this morning. He even begged for food last night and ate half a can just fine.
However, this morning after being given his doses of Onsior, Clavamox, and Prazosin, he's been sleeping ALL day with absolutely no appetite. We did a bit of research and think it's the Onsior that's causing this? All 3 seem to cause lethargy but only onsior has been known to cause loss of appetite.
The vet also prescribed Onsior for 5 days but most Md sites limit to a max of 3 days. Wondering if anyone has had any experiences with pet loss of appetites after meds and what they did to help. We are considering taking him off Onsior and staying with his other 2.

Columbine

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
With any meds, I would always talk to the vet before making changes. It sounds like your boy's been through a lot these past few days, and the meds may well be needed. Why not give the vet a call and get their take on it?

It' also possible that your boy is simply very tired right now. It takes people a while to get over operations, and the same goes for kitties ;)

I hope your boy is fully heals and recovered very soon :crossfingers::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes: