URI or something worse?

slufferk

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Sometimes a URI will never fully go away. It will flare up from time to time but with less severity depending on what kind of strain the URI was caused by. It's actually common for cats to have like herpes flare ups due to what they caught at the kennel.

CareCredit is great! Vets are so expensive. Most charge an arm and a leg, even for inexpensive things like antibiotic shots that cost them $2 but are priced at $85 for the pet parent. We now have insurance for all three of our fur babies after spending $7,000 in less than a month on our sweet Francie, who died a few weeks ago. Not sure how much of the debt will be paid off anytime soon but our baby was worth trying to save.

Right before Francie passed we discussed a feeding tube and that it was going to be the most practical and less stressful thing for her while receiving treatment if she didn't feel like eating.

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

leftiesrock

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Dropped him off this morning. I sat with him a while. He sat in my lap, I was petting him, then I started to cry. He looked up at me and patted his paw on my face, as if to say, "don't cry mama, it's gonna be ok." It was the sweetest thing. I'll update later once I hear back. He'll stay overnight and most of tomorrow, then get to come home tomorrow evening. I pray I can feed and medicate him properly without stressing him out.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
You can do this.  We are capable of great strength where we love, and you obviously love this kitten.  I am rooting for BOTH of you!

webmiss

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
just remember youre doing everything you can for him. Hell make it through!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

leftiesrock

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Update! Newton got the feeding tube on Thursday. I took him home last night and was supposed to give him his final 2 feedings of the day. It was the hardest thing to try and hold a kitty, comfort it and try to keep it calm, while clamping and unclamping a tube and attaching syringe after syringe to it. I got the first feeding done, it was rough! Then I had to call my son to come help me with the 2nd one. He was supposed to get 6 feedings today, along with medicine and I just knew I could not do it by myself. Luckily and thankfully, one of the vet assistants offered to take him home for the weekend and care for him. I know he is in good hands and will get the proper treatment he needs and I just pray that he eats on his own soon so the tube can come out! 

For those of you, who had to give your kitty a feeding tube, how long did it have to stay in?

He does seem in better spirits, though still very weak. Cannot wait for him to get healthy and fully recovered so he can play with his sister. <3