Urgent vibes and prayers needed for feralvr's Perla!

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
So when will you know? Tomorrow? :cross:
It will take a few more days than that...... For Perla it took three days. Saturday was the test for Wendall so I am thinking by Wednesday... :cross: :cross: :cross: THEN I can exhale.... :lol3: :lol2: Funny, I really had strong feelings yesterday that Wendall for sure has it - and at least I'll have an answer - but today, not feeling so confident. You know, that sounds awful - confident. Not like Mycoplasma is great to have BUT at least that is something treatable and curable. Unlike asthma (which is treatable but not curable) - as you know. :sniffle:

Last edited:

my4llma

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm so glad you were able to finally know what Perla has and that it can be treated!

Good luck with Wendall & Pipsqueak's test results. Hopefully everything is ok with them!

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
So same as a fecal PCR. :nod: Thanks. We're at the vet Tuesday with Shel for his annual. I'm going to ask about it!
You just made me realize that Pipsqueak SHOULD also get the fecal PCR.... He DID have Trit. Feotus when he was a kitten and had to do two rounds of Ronizadole. Of course, that was years ago but still given his on/off diarrhea and the "Pipturds" :lol3: we find here and there occasionally about the house, another test definitely is warranted. Ordered the Nexabiotic and will start all of them on this probiotic. Will try this one first and see if it helps Pip. If not, I will go to the Jarrow Boulardii WITH the MOS.... :greenpaw:

GOOD LUCK, Sheldon.... :rub: :cross: on Tuesday.

Last edited:

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm so glad you were able to finally know what Perla has and that it can be treated!

Good luck with Wendall & Pipsqueak's test results. Hopefully everything is ok with them!
Thank you, sweetie !! I know how much you care and your the best. :hugs:

So far so good with Perla and she is feeling SO much better. Wendall seems a bit under the weather today. :( I am a wee bit worried and those test results can't come soon enough.

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Just reading this and so glad Perla is feeling better.  Vibes for Wendall now.  This eye thing is new for him, isn't it?  And of course, the worsened lungs is a worry

How about Pip...is is still having issues, or is his just a once in awhile flare-up, and that's why you want him to be tested?  Is he ok at the moment?

thesighrye

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I just also want to offer my congrats on your hard work and so glad that your kitty(ies) are on their way to feeling better! What a battle you must have gone through the past few years. I can only imagine, to an extent. 

Here's hoping everything continues to get better!!! 
 So glad to hear about this! 

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Just took Wendall's temp. He has been off today and sleeping way too much. It is 106 degrees. I syringed some A/D and some Nutrical plus water as he did not eat much today at all. Will call Dr. Molly first thing in the morning. I pray that this is nothing serious. I am very worried. It is hard to see him this way even though he is such a brat at times. Perla, on the other hand, is feeling very well and seems a bit too happy that Wendall has not bothered or teased her today. Will be up often tonight making sure my boy gets water for sure. Dr. Molly gave me some water syringes to use after the capsules so I will get water in Wendall as the night goes on. I am one worried meowmy tonight. :vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes: for my boy. :heart3:

robinathome

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I am hoping to make it 12 more hours to have an answer....Franny did not eat today, and tomorrow 2nd opinion.  I am praying Wendall's good health, we are all in this together, helping each other through the tough times with questions and answers....I thank everyone here that are so supportive.  All the best to Wendall!

jennyr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh I hope it is nothing bad with Wendall. I am now wondering if I should get all mine checked. Bluebelle was among everyone for months before being diagnosed and I was worried because until Amber got goopy eyes no-ones else seemed sick. Until you posted it, I had no idea that mycoplasma could manifest in so many ways. Now I think about Ellie whom I am treating for weight loss and vomiting (she had an exam last week and was pronounced fine but too thin), and Topaz seems more lethargic than normal This is frightening.

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
Mega 
 for Wendall.  Poor little thing.  I hope you can cool him down a little.  Can you dampen his fur slightly or something to help bring his temperature down?  Hope you can get him to the vet soon and they have some clue as to what is going on.  Hoping very much that he will soon be feeling as well as Perla. 

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Thank you all. :hugs: :hugs: Maggie - yes, I dampened him down with cool rags most of the night. Rough night for all of us. Jenny - I know, it is tough to know WHICH ones to test, right??!!! WELL, I have GOOD NEWS though.

Wendall's results came in this morning while I was there for his exam. The UR Panel is NEGATIVE for everything !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :banana1: :D :high5: :bigthumb: I am so very, very much relieved and now know that he for sure has asthma as we originally knew anyway.

Wendall does not have pneumonia either as I thought. He is sick but not with what I thought! He has a virus from Perla (:dk:) most likely but will recover just fine. His temp was 104 degrees at the vet's this morning. He received a Covenia injection, Kenalog ( short-term acting steroid) and fluids. He is OFF of the Minocycline as he does not need it now. ALSO - Dr. Molly is calling in a script for Terbutaline (bronchodilator) for his asthma. Hoping this will give him much needed relief.

NOW - Pip. He will stay on the Minocycline for a month along with Perla. I still plan on getting him tested sometime this month and will update with those results. Dr. Molly said that the Minocycline will only help his bladder issue anyway regardless of whether he tests positive for any UR's. He is taking the medication just fine with no bad side effects. :cross:

SO - will plug along day by day with my house of sickies!!! Hopefully everyone will be feeling better very, very soon. :cross: THANKS for all of your care!!! :hugs:

Last edited:

jennyr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That is good news! Just in case, I would suggest you look up convenia so you know the possible side effects. Some cats react badly to it, and it is good to know what to look out for.

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
Poor Wendall was lucky to have you nursing him and keeping his temperature down until he got to the vet surgery.  At least his body isn't going to have to fight with antibiotics as well as what ever this nasty virus is now you have clear results.  It is a much better position you are in now with a clear idea what is happening for 2 of your cats and a third on medication which seems to be helping.  That has to be a huge relief.  Fingers crossed all keeps going in the right direction and you have a home full of energetic and cheeky cats to keep out of mischief very soon.  How lovely it would be to hear that news. 

libby74

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow, Lauren, never a dull moment at your house, is there?

Seriously, I've been through the "my house is full of sick cats!" and it's so wearing on their human.  It's as if you're on constant high alert and can't let your guard down for a moment.  It sounds as if you've got a good handle on everything that's going on; you're such a good Meowmy!

Be sure to take a few minutes for yourself; gentle head skritches to everyone in your nursing facility

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My goodness what a night you had!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: Thank goodness you have ANSWERS though!

I thought Pip was tested - ooops! :vibes: :vibes: :vibes: :vibes: :vibes: the minocycline helps him. If this was mycoplasma all along.... maybe this will end the cycle! :cross:

The turbutaline - is it a pill or a puffer?

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
The turbutaline - is it a pill or a puffer?
Terbutaline is in a pill form. Not sure about an inhaler yet. Started Wendall on the medication today! He is feeling SOOOOOOO much better today and back to his wild ways and getting in to everything. Funny how he can be such a pain but how much I missed him being a pain when he was sick. :lol3: Things are looking up here in the "nursing facility" (;) Libby :hugs:)

I probably won't test Pip until he is done with the antibiotic. I have a feeling that the test will be inaccurate IF a cat is already on an antibiotic. Have to ask the vet about that one. I am not too concerned any more over this now that Wendall is negative. It is most likely the same for Pip and the blood in the urine - well, is truly FIC. :slant: Guess I was looking for another possible diagnosis - and one that could cure these ailments.

--------------------------------------------------

THANK YOU TO EVERYONE ABOVE FOR ALL OF YOUR CONCERNS and SUGGESTIONS!!!! I read them all and so appreciate the support. :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

Last edited:

jennyr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Looks like you are keeping on top of everything. I am so glad that Wendall is feeling better. Amber is better too, after a week on oral and local doxycycline. His eyes are clear and he is eating OK, though bored in his cage. But I am not going to let him mingle till he has been on it a month - I did it too soon with Bluebelle and the infection came back. It is a really nasty one. I wonder if chlamydia and mycoplasma often go together - I must look it up.