URGENT!! PLEASE HELP THIS DEAR OLD KITTY!!!

ginny

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Here's the picture of a 20 year old kitty up for adoption (and scheduled for euthanasia soon sadly).  He looks so sweet and kind of sad too :(  

Here is the description and the contact info if you have Facebook.  Please help this old man kitty if you can!!!

Savanah Gray Locicero
Yesterday  · 

Is there anyone willing to adopt this handsome 20 year old cat. He has some kidney issues but is doing great with a specific diet. He is currently in Missouri facing being euthanized and he still is very healthy and has a good 3-5 years left in him. If anyone is willing to adopt this senior cat I can find a transport to get him out here. Please share.

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
I'm bumping this up for you. Unfortunately I don't know anyone in Missouri who is looking for a cat, but I hope someone on TCS does!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ginny

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm bumping this up for you. Unfortunately I don't know anyone in Missouri who is looking for a cat, but I hope someone on TCS does!
Thank you!  I hope so too.  

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
Do you think we would be able to transfer him to a no-kill shelter for the time being if we can find one that has space?

ginny

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I wonder if she has considered that.  I'll send her an IM.  

ginny

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She just answered and said they may have found him a home, but nothing is final yet!

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
She just answered and said they may have found him a home, but nothing is final yet!
Oh what wonderful news! Let's hope everything works out.

ginny

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I will.  She confirmed nothing is set in stone yet.  I think he is scheduled to be put down on March 7?  :((  Let's hope it doesn't come to that.

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
If for whatever reason the family can't adopt him, is there a no-kill shelter we can transfer him to before the 7th? I can do some research of no-kill shelters in Missouri, if that would be helpful. I fell in love with this sweet kitty as soon as I saw his picture, he deserves to have a loving home.

ginny

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I know....he looks sad to me which breaks my heart and makes me wonder what his story is.  Did he live with an elderly person who died?  That makes the most sense.  I hope a family isn't just putting him out because he is old.  I'll IM that girl and ask if they need help locating a place and get back to you.

Thank you for your help!

ginny

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
@Abyeb  I will send you a private message, ok?

ginny

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ok here's what I know about this situation.  The kitty was owned by some family for 20 years.  He started peeing outside the litter box and the family didn't want him anymore.  So instead of taking him to the vet and finding out he has a treatable and affordable kidney issue (crystals I presume) they left him in a shelter to die.  This makes me very angry.  Poor kitty!   

I thought that might have been the case, but wanted to stay positive.  So much for positivity.  Anyway, the girl who is asking for help says that a potential family has been located and she will update as soon as she knows something.  She said emphatically "we won't let him die!"  That makes me feel better!  

ginny

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Man this is happening so fast.

The lastest word is "Midnight" is now officially adopted.  YAY!  I hope things turn out very well for him at his new home.  He deserves lots of love to finish out his days.  

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
Man this is happening so fast.

The lastest word is "Midnight" is now officially adopted.  YAY!  I hope things turn out very well for him at his new home.  He deserves lots of love to finish out his days.  
That's fantastic news! This made my day. So glad that Midnight has found loving humans who are excited about having him as their fur-baby!

ginny

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Me too!  I hope things go well for him with his new family!

I wish there was a way to keep up with him. 

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
Happy to read this.  I hope that sweet old boy enjoys a few more years with a family who will love him no matter what.  

ginny

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I hope so too!  I noticed this new message on the closed group I'm on in FB that said simply said "someone from the group".  I'm hoping that means that it's someone who is already part of that group that we know who will be adopting this kitty.  If so, I can get updates on how he's doing!  

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Poor old guy! I hope everything works out with his new family.

I can't understand how people can abandon a pet that has been part of their family for so long just because of a few senior issues. Makes me worry about what they'll do with Grandma if she gets a bit forgetful or incontinent.

ginny

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Poor old guy! I hope everything works out with his new family.

I can't understand how people can abandon a pet that has been part of their family for so long just because of a few senior issues. Makes me worry about what they'll do with Grandma if she gets a bit forgetful or incontinent.

Exactly.  There is a major disconnect going on.  While people generally understand they can't dump grandma on the side of the road (or at a kill shelter), they seem to think it's A-OK to do the same to animals.  One they had for TWENTY YEARS!  You'd think he meant something to them.  If only they'd joined this site and asked for help first.  But maybe it's for the best that he's no longer with them.

I looked for an update on FB and found that his pic had been taken down (the one at the top of this thread).  I don't know why.  One person posted "someone in this group" under that pic - the closed group I've joined.  And then someone else posted "I'm so glad he's with someone who has a heart of gold".  Hopefully that means that person knows who it is and knows this kitty is going to an excellent home, which is what he deserves!  But no more has been posted since so I just hope for the best!