Urgent :: Pet Food Recall... Urgent!!! - TOXIN FOUND

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The best way to stick it to them is to never ever ever buy food manufactured by them again, regardless of what they tell you in the future or how safe it is. Buy no food from ANY company that uses Menu plants.

rolling thunder

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
This whole thing is really scary. I'm from PA and can't believe the statements. We have been feeding different brands of canned to find some good ones, luckily, they weren't the ones recalled!!! I feel horrible for those people for their loss.

amberthe bobcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My wife and I have friends who live in Colorado who, as we, own domestic cats as well as exotics (they have 2 bobcats). Well, they lost their beautiful male bobcat to severe renal failure, from feeding him one of these foods. They give their bobcats a "snack" of domestic canned food, in addition to their all raw meat diet. All this had happened prior to the food recall, their bobcat had to be PTS, because he was is so much pain from the renal failure. The vet was confused, could not figure out why such a healthy bobcat, would be sick and dieing from severe renal failure. Sadly, the cat did not respond to any treaments. I am so sad for them. They are so heart broken over the loss of their bobcat. I just hope they can determine what truly was the cause of all this. I know they said possible mold, but I am not sure and never heard, that mold contamination could cause severe renal failure. I feel something else had gotten into the food, like anti freeze. That would cause the this type of renal failure.

catsarebetter

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Man, I am so mad/upset about this! I cannot believe all these innocent lives are in jeopardy.
This really twists my stomach into knots (and I know all of my real life friends/family are sick of listening to me be angry about it, but tough, lol) I am already enraged about this, but I can't even imagine having to go through that *and* have a pet that is ill or has died from this. It just makes me sick.
and I'm sending as many protective, healthy vibes to all the four-footers (and their owners) out there.

mzjazz2u

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They just had a breaking news report on MSNBC that a news conference is scheduled for 1:00 P.M. EDT regarding the recall. It appears they've found traces of rat poisoning in one of the ingredients.

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by mzjazz2u

They just had a breaking news report on MSNBC that a news conference is scheduled for 1:00 P.M. EDT regarding the recall. It appears they've found traces of rat poisoning in one of the ingredients.
OMG... well looks like I will make sure I am home

mzjazz2u

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They said they found rat poisoning, which is illegal in the U.S., that appears to be on wheat they purchased from China.

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

They said they found rat poisoning, which is illegal in the U.S., that appears to be on wheat they purchased from China.
ahhh Global commerece at work

renovia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
oh my god i just saw this - this is AWFUL i HOPE THESE COMPANIES GO OUT OF BUSINESS

renovia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
so is there a test to see if my pets have this contaminate in their system?

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Renovia

oh my god i just saw this - this is AWFUL i HOPE THESE COMPANIES GO OUT OF BUSINESS
No one would have tested for something Illegal in this coutry and ... look on your wet foods most say formulated to AFFCO not that feeding trials were conducted .... Maybe the manufacturers will start making cans in house

i beleive so but I dont know the name of such test

middletown

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I am so glad that i have never trusted IAMS.
ive had so many posts delted talking negatively about iams, now maybe someone will see there was good reason.

mzjazz2u

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
People please. It's not the actually name brands that allowed this to happen such as Proctor and gamble, who manufacture tons of brand names including IAMs, Eukenuba, Mighty Dog and more. Or any other company that used Menu Foods. It's an ingredient that was imported from another country and that country would have to know U.S. regulations, including this agent was illegal, before contracting with Menu Foods. So please... don't point fingers at individual brands. We don't even have all the facts as of yet.

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

People please. It's not the actually name brands that allowed this to happen such as Proctor and gamble, who manufacture tons of brand names including IAMs, Eukenuba, Mighty Dog and more. Or any other company that used Menu Foods. It's an ingredient that was imported from another country and that country would have to know U.S. regulations, including this agent was illegal, before contracting with Menu Foods. So please... don't point fingers at individual brands. We don't even have all the facts as of yet.
Ditto ... the individual companies may not have know where the ingrediant came from/.... NO concultion jumping please