Update on Sushi

jkuras

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I have had Sushi now for 8 months.  9 months on March 29th.  From the moment I adopted him, I knew he was meant to be my little companion cat.

His kidneys have not deteriorated much since the last exam, as he is eating his Renal with enthusiasm and drinking lots of water. He is not in pain or has no signs of any discomfort.  He plays games with me and loves to nap with me for hours.  He always makes me laugh, especially when I need to.  So good to have this sweet little soul living with me.  His loving response to my love is so wonderful.  I really hope he feels how much I care about him in my touch, voice and in all the cat boxes, tunnels and cat stands he has to enjoy.

He is doing so much better than expected by the Vet.  Knowing he is in the 3rd stage of kidney failure is hard, but I told the Vet it is good we found out about it early on, so I can give him the care and food that will help extend the life of his kidneys not pushing  the kidneys too hard with high protein meals.  He used to throw up and stop eating no matter what I fed him until we decided just to give him Renal dry food for kidney problems.  Since that decision over 4 months ago, I have had no problems with him whatsoever.

Love to all.

Joyce

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Hello Joyce, it has been awhile since we heard from you and Sushi. We are so glad that he's doing well and thank you for the update.

Glad also that he's enjoying his toys and playtime and most importantly all enjoying your love that you are giving him.

We do wish him the best of health and for his health to further improve.

Do post his photos for us to see since the last time we saw his photos when he was very young. Please send him our love and hugs ;)

calicosrspecial

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you so much for all you do for Sushi and all the love you have for him. You truly are wonderful!!!

Sushi is very lucky to have you!!

Thank you for the update.