Update on Patch's Cystitis

aswient

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Patch started his laser therapy for cystitis, he gets 6 treatments.
Its been a long battle for Patch and his UTI's and cystitis. They couldn't give him steroids because of his heart problems. So they told me there wasn't anything they could do for him, in the meantime it was hard watching him in such discomfort.
He has had blood in his urine for a while now. I heard of laser therapy from someone on TCS. Not all vets know there are laser treatments for cystitis in cats, mine was one of them. I called so many veterinarians around my area, no one heard of this. I finally found a Vet that does it. He said I'd probably see a difference in him around the 4th treatment. I wanted to share this with others who might have this problem, and like me didn't know how to get him help. Thanks also to otto and motoko9 on TCS for giving me lots of information and a link to send to my Vet with a lot of data on this procedure.

otto

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I know you will keep us posted! How frequent are the treatments? Once a week, or...? Do you have to drive very far? This is wonderful, now more vets in your area will know about it, thanks to you calling around asking.

Patch

my4llma

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm glad you found a vet who could do this treatment for Patch

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

aswient

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Thanks to everyone and your well wishes for Patch. We had the second session today has to go for 4 other treatments and I thought they were going to be very expense but turns out they are only $45.00 a session and they give you the 6th one free. Considering the help he is getting its a lot cheaper then I thought it was going to be. They do the sessions 3 times the first week and 2 times the second week and the third he gets the last one, then its on an as needed basis. The Vet that does it is about 50 min. from my house. Not all Vets have it or have even heard of it. They use this treatment for all kind of things, arthritis for one, the Vet Tech told me they give it to a German Sheppard and he doesn't have to take anti-inflamatories for his arthritis anymore. Of course they can't tell me 100% sure Patch will get better but they are having such good results with this. I am giving all this information to my Vet so maybe she'll bring it to her office. My only problem with this is Patch gets so upset when he knows he's going I have to chase him down then he starts panting, because of his heart I'm afraid he'll take a heart attack. I don't know any other way to calm him down. Thanks again to everyone and I'll keep you posted.