Update On Name For Adopted Blind Kitty And Playmate

FirstRescue

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I thought I would give you all an update on the two rescue kittens I just adopted. One is blind, and the other one is the "seeing-eye” kitten. I’ve had them for 2 weeks now and I know them a little better.

View media item 419685The sighted one is a torbie, about 4 months old, and scrawny with long legs. The dark patches on her mouth give her the mischievous look of a kid that just ate all the Oreos. I’m getting her fattened up and am dealing with her pinkeye and ringworm. I think she learned some early hunting skills as a baby stray because she’s an acrobat with the feather toy and crazy fast in the chase. She’s also very smart. Her given name from the rescue is Pixel, and I think it’s a good fit. I got my first head-bump from her today, awww.

The blind one is a classic calico and is about 5 months old with stubby legs, a plump tummy, and a jaunty mustache. She was named Flora, and it didn’t seem like a good fit for such a feisty girl. She has tortitude, I think. She is super-affectionate but also willful and bit mercurial. She picks unwanted play fights with little Pixel, who was under the weather for a while and was clearly getting annoyed that the calico Ruler of the House was oblivious to her feelings.

She doesn’t act blind. She has learned how to run up and down the stairs and how to chase a mouse on a string with a bell and how to climb up on the bed (of course) and make short jumps. When she bumps into something, she does that nonchalant paw-licking thing cats do when they make a mistake, and then she carries on, head held high.

She had her sight for such a short period of time, I’m not sure she knows she’s blind. At times, I have to remind myself she can’t see.

Anyway, given all this, I decided to call her Cleo, short for Cleopatra, a feisty and cunning female ruler if there ever was one. While not exactly original, it seems a fitting name because blind kitty is definitely the Queen of Denial (snort).

Thanks everyone for the great name suggestions. They were good inspiration.

They’re glorious little monsters, and I’m glad I adopted them. Now I have to go feed them. They have me well-trained already.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Welcome, Pixel and Cleo! You guys don't know it yet, but you've landed in a very, very good place for kitties!

dustydiamond1

Minion to Gypsy since October 2016
Top Cat
Purraise
I thought I would give you all an update on the two rescue kittens I just adopted. One is blind, and the other one is the "seeing-eye” kitten. I’ve had them for 2 weeks now and I know them a little better.

View media item 419685The sighted one is a torbie, about 4 months old, and scrawny with long legs. The dark patches on her mouth give her the mischievous look of a kid that just ate all the Oreos. I’m getting her fattened up and am dealing with her pinkeye and ringworm. I think she learned some early hunting skills as a baby stray because she’s an acrobat with the feather toy and crazy fast in the chase. She’s also very smart. Her given name from the rescue is Pixel, and I think it’s a good fit. I got my first head-bump from her today, awww.

The blind one is a classic calico and is about 5 months old with stubby legs, a plump tummy, and a jaunty mustache. She was named Flora, and it didn’t seem like a good fit for such a feisty girl. She has tortitude, I think. She is super-affectionate but also willful and bit mercurial. She picks unwanted play fights with little Pixel, who was under the weather for a while and was clearly getting annoyed that the calico Ruler of the House was oblivious to her feelings.

She doesn’t act blind. She has learned how to run up and down the stairs and how to chase a mouse on a string with a bell and how to climb up on the bed (of course) and make short jumps. When she bumps into something, she does that nonchalant paw-licking thing cats do when they make a mistake, and then she carries on, head held high.

She had her sight for such a short period of time, I’m not sure she knows she’s blind. At times, I have to remind myself she can’t see.

Anyway, given all this, I decided to call her Cleo, short for Cleopatra, a feisty and cunning female ruler if there ever was one. While not exactly original, it seems a fitting name because blind kitty is definitely the Queen of Denial (snort).

Thanks everyone for the great name suggestions. They were good inspiration.

They’re glorious little monsters, and I’m glad I adopted them. Now I have to go feed them. They have me well-trained already.
:winner: :clap: :clap2: :rock: :thanks: