Update on Daisy

reba

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Daisy is the stray who spent last winter in my garage, that I trapped and got inside in April, spent six weeks in my kitchen before I could get her in a carrier and (finally) joined the family in May. Daisy luvvvvs other cats, so she is happy as can be with her new companions. I still can't pet her unless she is eating or in laying in her cat bed in the bathroom (because I close the door and she knows she can't get out). Despite this aversion to people, I would classify her as totally plugged into our family. She doesn't so much as hide, as go somewhere where she is out of reach but can keep an eye on the action.

At any rate, I was almost despondent that she wouldn't let me near her before, but it's turned out fine and I'm hoping someday she overcomes her fear of people. As always, thanks for all the help from the TCS community. :)

white shadow

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Whoa! Hold everything!! Stop the music!!!

Do you mean to say that..........from March to now........after more than 100 posts in the original thread..........ALL we get.........are two......TWO (yes, gorgeous) PICTURES ???

DeesCats

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Congrats to both you and Daisy! I think it is fantastic that Daisy is part of your cat family and hopefully she will eventually include her humans too.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

reba

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Whoa! Hold everything!! Stop the music!!!

Do you mean to say that..........from March to now........after more than 100 posts in the original thread..........ALL we get.........are two......TWO (yes, gorgeous) PICTURES ???
Here she is with her best friend. Under the table is her safe spot. So far she won’t jump up on the furniture even though there are cat beds all over the place. Anyway, she has her buddy and they play up a storm so I think she’s very content. It’s great to not have to worry about her outside alone anymore. I don’t think she would have been adoptable because she’s so skittish so I’m happy that if she had to pick a yard to hang out in, it was mine.

She’s so funny. I have to boy cats that get into a boxing match at meal time and she will step in between them to try and get them to stop swiping at each other.

IMG_0223.jpeg

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
She doesn't so much as hide, as go somewhere where she is out of reach but can keep an eye on the action.

At any rate, I was almost despondent that she wouldn't let me near her before, but it's turned out fine and I'm hoping someday she overcomes her fear of people.
Thank you for taking Daisy in and for giving her a warm and fur-ever loving home and a safe sanctuary to live out her life! :clapcat:

She's just doing her observations and I'm sure she's not be so afraid of people around her.

She’s so funny. I have to boy cats that get into a boxing match at meal time and she will step in between them to try and get them to stop swiping at each other.
Well, she's fitting into the family pretty well and also being a good referee :lol:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

reba

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Thank you so much for asking. Daisy is doing wonderfully, though she hasn’t gotten any less skittish. We are allowed to brush her if she is lying on her bed in the bathroom (there’s a bench in there) and I can close the door. She gets 50 brush strokes on each side and some petting. She purrs and seems to enjoy it, but if I reach down to pet her anywhere else she’s outta there. I wish she’d jump up on some of the cat trees or the furniture. I guess I’ll have to stand for her just sitting around and looking pretty:

IMG_0069.jpeg

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Thank you so much for asking. Daisy is doing wonderfully, though she hasn’t gotten any less skittish. We are allowed to brush her if she is lying on her bed in the bathroom (there’s a bench in there) and I can close the door. She gets 50 brush strokes on each side and some petting. She purrs and seems to enjoy it, but if I reach down to pet her anywhere else she’s outta there. I wish she’d jump up on some of the cat trees or the furniture. I guess I’ll have to stand for her just sitting around and looking pretty:
You are welcomed. We just want to know how the going with you and Daisy and we are glad that she’s doing well and getting brushed and petted. Stick to the brushing where she likes It.