Unintended Consequences

kikilove

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I've taken care of a stray for 7 years; she won't come indoors (throws herself at the glass trying to get out). She's lived a great life in my yard; shelter, food and love. Three months back another stray showed up and of course I wanted to help. But she never wanted him around. Yesterday I watched him chase her into the street (he was trying to play), and I thought "this is not good... I'm going to have to find him a home... she's not doing well with the new normal." But I don't know what to do with him. I don't want to take him to a shelter but certainly won't abandon him to his "fate." Suggestions?

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Have you moved yet? I remember you saying you were moving. Are they both fixed yet? I can't remember if you said so.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kikilove

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi Maggie, yep, they're both fixed. And yep, I'm going to be moving. I'm trying to find Grey a home; it's so hard. I've grown pretty attached. He's the sweetest thing. I'd hoped he and Soots could work it out but she's not having any of it. The trigger for this is that is last night someone posted a pix on Nextdoor, of a little black cat that had been hit by a car. I couldn't go to see it to be sure, but it looked like Soots and I just fell apart. She was at the door this morning demanding breakfast, so it wasn't her. But it was such a reminder about how much I love this little monkey. And how much I want to protect her, while also looking out for Grey.