Undercolor in cats?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kkoerner

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Not really, except that he will attack my youngest (4) when he is either bored or she scares him. He doesn't hurt her, just scares her. It's like, she screams and freaks him out so he has to freak her out. He is a very affectionate cat otherwise LOL
No other behavioral issues like spraying (he was neutered at 1 year old when he was brought in.), or scratching furniture. He is not a picky eater and he loves to play. He does occasionally try to run out the door...but has been easy to catch and is learning that it's not OK to do that. He hasn't done it in a while.

Oh! He knows how to sit for treats on command. He learned that quickly!

He was only in THAT cage for a week. He was in the other shelter for 3 days on stray hold. Before that he was an outdoor "stray" being taken care of by apartment management and before that someone's pet at those apartments who obviously didn't love him like they should. He has had quite the journey, but it's also nothing compared to some of the animals in shelters!

He did get lots of attention in that week he was at our shelter. Everyone was excited to see a chocolate cat :-D

grizzlysapien

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So, your youngest is 4 months old? And it's a female? Such a pitty that Cadbury is already neutered! Imagine if your youngest got older and you could have a litter of baby Cadburies! 

On the other hand, if we keep having litters at home, where would all the strays go? 

Grizzly isn't neutered but he doesn't spray too. He had sprayed once or twice in the past, but that was it. I guess he doesn't have to compete with any other animal for his territory (except for 2 budgies we have flying around the appartment haha!), so he doesn't feel the need to spray. But he does scratch furniture to have his pedicure 

In contradiction to Cadbury, he IS a picky eater. Maybe because, he never had to struggle to find food. I mean, you know.. I got him when he was 15 days old. He was breast-fed until then.. And after that, I gave him kitten formula for some time, etc. He does have a slight tendency to junk food though.. BUT, even so, he will beg for e.g. Cheetos and he is SOOO picky, he will eat exactly 2,5 Cheetos.. EVERY FREAKIN' TIME! He will leave half a Cheeto laid on the floor and walk away... 

He sits for treats as well, but didn't actually "learn" it - I never trained him. He just has his special spot: opposite the fridge and ON the washing machine (yeah, the kitchen is also the laundry room LOL). And of course, he reaches out with the front paw to grab the treat 

Last edited:

kkoerner

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Oh...haha I was totally not very clear there. By "youngest" I meant my youngest child, who is 4 years old. Lol sorry.

Cadbury is an only cat :-D

grizzlysapien

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
HAHAHAHAHHAA! Oh My God! I am soooo sorry! hhahahaaahhaahha!!

Yeah, probably NOT a good idea, what I suggested.. LOL

kkoerner

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
LOL yeah probably not :p
It was my fault though, I guess I expected everyone to read my mind Haha

kkoerner

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
And that's so funny about the Cheetos! Maybe he is watching his figure! That last half of the Cheetos might just be overdoing it LOL

kkoerner

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Can't take days off when it comes to reading minds...might go and suggest something crazy without knowing it! Hahahaha ;)

grizzlysapien

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Right! And I made a great example of it a few minutes ago! Silly me! LOL 

Hey, btw.. aren't you gonna babble tonight? (or today? it's night here in Greece - I don't know about you)

grizzlysapien

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So it's... evening over there? Arghhh! I always forget what pm/am means (yeah, I know Roman "post" and "ante") so I refer to time in a 24hr mode.. like 20:56 and I'm done! LOL

kkoerner

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Oh ok. Yes it's evening. It's 21:11 now. :)

kkoerner

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Uh oh! LOL better get some sleep.

grizzlysapien

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Nah, too late now. I forgot I had to get up for early chores, so, I'll just have a coffee to get a "kick" and then I'll go on with my day..

I'll probably faint to sleep in the subway or standing up on the street later in the day.. HAHAHAHAH!

kkoerner

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
LOL I've had a few of those days.

kkoerner

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
:sleep2:  :para3:  :dizzy:   I am not sleepy at all - don't worry about me.. :frusty:

:lol3:
hahaha, yeah. Somehow when I stay up all night I'm all energized in the morning...and then...that goes away and I could fall asleep anywhere.

kkoerner

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
LOL yes I'm a girl. No mistake...your mind reader must be working again. :)