UK Wildlife Center Takes in Two Caracals

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A Lincolnshire wildlife park will be the new home for two carcacals kept in a private home.

Wishing to keep wild cats doesn't make it a good idea. Sounds like the specially created habitat will provide a much better option for the caracals.

And re the serval with a broken leg - it was a frantic animal up a tree, apparently after dark, with cocaine in its system. Catch pole may not have been the best option. But a broken leg is not the most horrible outcome. What if the serval had leapt down and run into the road, then hit by car - doesn't bear thinking of.

Margret

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Where was the story about the serval? I didn't find it.

I did read the story about how they're being inundated with new arrivals, and how expensive it is. These are good people, doing everything they can to take care of animals, and COVID has put them under enormous financial pressure. Makes me wish (for the umpteenth time) that I had enough money to be able to donate to all the good causes out there.

Margret

Margret

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks.

Poor baby. I wonder why they aren't charging the owner; testing positive for cocaine sounds like clear evidence of animal abuse to me. Maybe they mean that they aren't charging the owner for illegally owning a serval while leaving their options open for other charges, I hope.

Margret