U-stew, ezcomplete, tcfeline, balenceIT

Status
Not open for further replies.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Can you make two separate batches and use different proteins for each? Then just mix food from both batches in the cat's bowl?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

SpecterOhPossum

spec's pet human
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I was feeding Poppy-cat some Primal in addition to his commercial canned (not home-made but still...) and his poops smelled less and were smaller. Cats are often able to digest and process home-made and raw more completely.

If you'll allow me to say so, I think that if it were me I'd stay/continue with what you're doing, even if it seems boring to you. Since she isn't complaining much and you're able to fairly easily convince her to eat with a bit of sardine juice, and her digestive system appears to be a lot happier, good on you!
I always wondered about that, one day I'd wanna try out raw.. I hear it does a lot of good, right now I'm just too scared! 😨

Thank you! You're probably right. I was also considering making a bit smaller batches and adding broth from a another meat (duck/turkey) to the plate itself or teeny nuggets...Dunno!

SpecterOhPossum

spec's pet human
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I have no idea why U-Stew says not to mix meats: lots of commercial foods (raw, canned, dry, all modes!) do it all the time and I do it with homemade. I'm sure it could cause problems in some cats that are sensitive to certain proteins, but it sounds like Spec does fine with mixed-meat canned foods so I don't see how mixing meats in homemade food would be somehow worse!

Constipation can apparently cause vomiting (here's a vet-written article) if it's severe.
My first impression is that maybe mixing meats causes them to degrade faster..? No clue, but I think I'll try in smaller batches if that's the case! I think I'll get some courage up and ring them...(or email.. Because... Socially awkward!)

Thank you! Could be, she was also having a bit of a hairball issue so everytime she puked, there was a bit of hair at the bottom so I can't be sure..

SpecterOhPossum

spec's pet human
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Can you make two separate batches and use different proteins for each? Then just mix food from both batches in the cat's bowl?
Good idea!! I will ask how much powder for 6 oz of food!

Status
Not open for further replies.