Two Moggy Half-Brothers

heimahoudini

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hey folks!

We rescued two gorgeous moggy brothers last September. They're currently in the 7-9 month range, and their personalities are coming in STRONG. It's so exciting to be able to see them come in to their own. We are fascinated with how utterly opposite they are- personality AND looks- and we have our suspicious about their possible genetics/lineage.

Houdini-
There is zero question in my mind that this kitten has a LOT of Siamese in him. The most vocal cat I've ever encountered- it is so versatile, commonly harsh and loud I often think something is wrong. Attention seeker and must be cuddling more often than not. Incredibly intelligent, at times annoyingly curious and clever, and loves to learn. He's picked up on fetch, a few basic vocal commands, is lead and harness trained, and most recently started playing hide and seek without prompting. Our vet has referred to him as part dog more than once. He has quite a few similar features in his build as well, and to top it all off he has a few medical issues I know the breed is prone to (hyperesthesia/OCD).

Then there is Heima (Icelandic, pronounced "hay-mah"). Polar opposite: the softest little meows, and they are rare (usually around food)- always hungry. Unbelievably slender, the silkiest coat with high bottlebrush tail, pitch black and pin straight except for his tummy which always has the most adorable wavy fur. Rarely tangles or matts (which shocked me), and has visible ruddy red undertones in sunlight. Most particular though is his face. Extremely triangular with a squared jaw, tall pointed ears that are tufted, and the most gorgeous shaped eyes. All of this and he holds himself like he knows it (see photo below). Personality wise he is outgoing and playful, a little shyer than Houdini. Loves to be in the same room, will only tolerate being held for a few seconds. Loves to perch high (or sprawl), and his mischievous to a fault- and the most uniquely stubborn cat I've ever met. He persists like it's his job. *eye roll* Our theory: maybe a bit of Turkish Angora???

Any theories, information, and comments are all appreciated! Genetics are SO fascinating- looking forward to reading more in this forum [emoji]9786[/emoji]️

Last edited:

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

heimahoudini

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Love that pose!
He does look like he could have some Siamese in his background. I've heard (don't know if it's true) that cross bred Siamese will often be black after a couple of generations.
What a ridiculously fluffy tail!
I would not be able to resist that!
Thanks pushylady!! His tail is SO fluffy and let me tell you he knows it- there is NO resisting <3