Two loses in household - remaining cat depressed?

calicolois

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
So glad that he survived!! I really hope you two have some quality bonding time -- I agree that he will probably need a companion down the road a ways, but for right now, I think it should just be the two of you!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

dan32

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Since I've been back, Kinney has been playful, clingy - yet the eating is trivial. Kin had settled in on eating pretty much only IAMS kibble of which he ate about 1/4 cup yesterday. He did polish off a jar of baby food, but I had thought my baby food days were behind me. Kin seemed to thrive on stealing the other's wet food from under their noses and now that he can have anything he wants, is uninterested. I frankly don't know what he even likes in wet food if he was the one to decide. He seems to throw up Little Friskies every time he eats it which is what I have left over from the others (Kevin liked it).

I'm so shell-shocked from my previous three episodes of not eating, etc. that I am taking Kin into the vet today for a full blood work-up. And pick up Kevin's ashes while I'm there. I have now spent about $6000 at the vet's office in the last year.

I feel as if I have the plague or something. Kinney has never had a full lab done (on 1yo's?), but I need to prove to myself that the Party Mix episodes are behind us. See thread: http://www.thecatsite.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=206338