Turkish Angora

Robi5573

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hello, I am curious if this cat is a true Turkish Angora. 204850893_1_644x461_pisicuta-angora-turceasca-craiova.jpg 204850893_3_644x461_pisicuta-angora-turceasca-pisici.jpg 204850893_4_644x461_pisicuta-angora-turceasca-animale-de-companie.jpg

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
Without papers, we can’t prove a breed 100%, so all we can go by is lookalikes. That being said, yes, I think your beautiful kitty is a nice lookalike to Turkish Angora, but would technically be considered a blue-eyed white Domestic Longhair.

Does her personality seem to match up to that of a Turkish Angora? Turkish Angora Cats

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Robi5573

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Without papers, we can’t prove a breed 100%, so all we can go by is lookalikes. That being said, yes, I think your beautiful kitty is a nice lookalike to Turkish Angora, but would technically be considered a blue-eyed white Domestic Longhair.

Does her personality seem to match up to that of a Turkish Angora? Turkish Angora Cats
She's not mine, I am thinking about getting a new cat, I really like long haired ones.

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
She's not mine, I am thinking about getting a new cat, I really like long haired ones.
Okay! That’s so exciting! Are you hoping for a purebred? If so, you need to be sure that your breeder provides you with pedigree papers and is registered with CFA, TICA, or another breed registry. That’s really the only way to know for sure that a cat is a certain breed.

Robi5573

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Okay! That’s so exciting! Are you hoping for a purebred? If so, you need to be sure that your breeder provides you with pedigree papers and is registered with CFA, TICA, or another breed registry. That’s really the only way to know for sure that a cat is a certain breed.
I know this kind of things, but the owned is not a legit breeder, the cat is 2 years old, and the owner said that she's a pure breed (And I don't think so, the bone structure of an Angora is different). Also, is buying and adult cat a good thing, I mean, will that cat be friendly towards me like her true owner?

biancavd

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I know this kind of things, but the owned is not a legit breeder, the cat is 2 years old, and the owner said that she's a pure breed (And I don't think so, the bone structure of an Angora is different). Also, is buying and adult cat a good thing, I mean, will that cat be friendly towards me like her true owner?
I personally would suggest buying an Angora with a pedigree from an official breeder. Official breeders will be very careful with health, breed properly, and they will advise and help you for the rest of the cat's life (at least, a good one).

As for the cat, I don't think she is a pure Angora. And without a pedigree, she probably isn't. She is a beautiful cat though, and I am sure she deserves all the best! For a 2-year-old, it will take a little longer to adjust in a new home usually, but also older cats will love you like they do with their current owner. Just give her all the space she needs, she will come to you eventually.

It is important, however, that she is very social and comes to you when you visit. A scared cat probably will take a lot longer to adjust to you, and might not have been well socialized. For a 2-year-old, it will be harder to socialize them, so it will affect them for the rest of their lives.

Robi5573

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I personally would suggest buying an Angora with a pedigree from an official breeder. Official breeders will be very careful with health, breed properly, and they will advise and help you for the rest of the cat's life (at least, a good one).

As for the cat, I don't think she is a pure Angora. And without a pedigree, she probably isn't. She is a beautiful cat though, and I am sure she deserves all the best! For a 2-year-old, it will take a little longer to adjust in a new home usually, but also older cats will love you like they do with their current owner. Just give her all the space she needs, she will come to you eventually.

It is important, however, that she is very social and comes to you when you visit. A scared cat probably will take a lot longer to adjust to you, and might not have been well socialized. For a 2-year-old, it will be harder to socialize them, so it will affect them for the rest of their lives.
This is a great advice, but I was not thinking about buying a pure cat, sometimes the sellers will say "the cat is pure" and stuff like that. The cat is really gorgeous and I want a new member, my cats are friendly towards other cats, but an adult cat might have her personality set, should I buy her if I really want to?

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi, my big guy is an Angora mix. The tail and ear set of this sweetheart are ok for a turkish angora, but the body fur is not.
Yes you should absolutely if you want her :)

Robi5573

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi, my big guy is an Angora mix. The tail and ear set of this sweetheart are ok for a turkish angora, but the body fur is not.
Yes you should absolutely if you want her :)
Thanks, but what about my other cats, will it be alright? Will they socialize?

Robi5573

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I am wondering if she has long hair or medium hair?

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
As an overall rule of thumb, adopting adult cats is a safer shot than most think. I would say, in many situations its "a stable tip". Usually they DO attach to the new owner, if the owner deserves it. If adopted from a bad situation, they even tend to be grateful and appreciate the new good friendly home even more.
Shy cats becomes too usually good cats - shy to visitors but friendly to the resident family. BUT it takes of course more work and patience. Hence, if you dont have the patience and want to have a sociale friendly cat almost from day one, dont take a shy cat..

Ok, what to a cat bought from a good home. Whom WAS attached to the last owner, and has no reason to be grateful for the change nor the new owner...
Usually it becomes OK with time. but may need time and work to get them love you. To earn their love speaking bluntly.
They will copy with the situation, but perhaps not be attached at once.

Its as with humans. :)

I understand you are thinking on this here prettie. Sorry, I dont know the exact circumstances. You must decide yourself. But if she were a shelter cat and you wanted to adopt a shelter cat - it would be an easy decision.
Perhaps visit them and look if she want to have your cuddles or play with you.

Robi5573

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
As an overall rule of thumb, adopting adult cats is a safer shot than most think. I would say, in many situations its "a stable tip". Usually they DO attach to the new owner, if the owner deserves it. If adopted from a bad situation, they even tend to be grateful and appreciate the new good friendly home even more.
Shy cats becomes too usually good cats - shy to visitors but friendly to the resident family. BUT it takes of course more work and patience. Hence, if you dont have the patience and want to have a sociale friendly cat almost from day one, dont take a shy cat..

Ok, what to a cat bought from a good home. Whom WAS attached to the last owner, and has no reason to be grateful for the change nor the new owner...
Usually it becomes OK with time. but may need time and work to get them love you. To earn their love speaking bluntly.

I understand you are thinking on this here prettie. Sorry, I dont know the exact circumstances. You must decide yourself. But if she were a shelter cat and you wanted to adopt a shelter cat - it would be an easy decision.
I will probably take her, I released the feral cat that I tried to tame, she wanted more to be free, she was purring and this kind of things, but some cats want to live free.

Robi5573

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise

So, is her fur long or medium, I really want to know that? Thank you so much also for all the help!

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
At two years old, I'm fairly certain the length of her hair now is what it will be, which is called medium length I believe.
If you like her, and it sounds as though you do, hopefully you are also happy with her fur? Is she spayed?

Robi5573

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
At two years old, I'm fairly certain the length of her hair now is what it will be, which is called medium length I believe.
If you like her, and it sounds as though you do, hopefully you are also happy with her fur? Is she spayed?
No, she's not.

biancavd

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
This is a great advice, but I was not thinking about buying a pure cat, sometimes the sellers will say "the cat is pure" and stuff like that. The cat is really gorgeous and I want a new member, my cats are friendly towards other cats, but an adult cat might have her personality set, should I buy her if I really want to?
As she is 2 years old, she might need a little longer to adjust. Her personality is set, but you can ask the current owner about her character. I always suggest to pick matching characters. And of course a social cat.

If her character matches your cats and she is social if you visit her, I am pretty sure she will do very well with you ❤