Trying To Find Out The Breed Of My Cat Smokie!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

IreneR

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
He has one of my favourite types of colouring. He's a stunner.
Thank you. I love the way he looks. He even callico's in the dark. If you don't turn a light on you can easily step on him or run into him. He gets real black in the dark.

IreneR

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Cats are seriously smart, absolutely! :cool2: :cloud9:

I have found that keeping the fur in the areas where the mats typically develop shorter seems to help.
I still have to take blunt-end scissors, cut some of his mats and then work them loose the rest of the way with my fingers. Also, I've read that corn starch, worked into a mat and left for several hours, can help the individual strands to loosen.
People will comment to brush frequently - my guy still gets them. His diet is good and he's healthy but the Persian influence (He's mostly Turkish Angora) has blessed/cursed him with cottony belly fur. I can look at it wrong some days and it mats LOL.
Other than trying to keep susceptible areas a little shorter, I'm not sure if there is anything other than keeping up with them as they occur :redx: ....not helpful, I know :gingercat2:
Have you heard of this kind of cat Gato siberiano?

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
The e interesting thing about him is I have had cats all my 41 yrs from the time i was 1 yrs old, i have never been allergic to any cat, but i am to him. I have to take allergy pill every day. Never had to before cause i am not allergic to animals. I thought that was a little weird and its nothing i grew into cause before i got him i had a cat 1 yr prior to getting him and no problems, but got him and allergy galore. I will take allergy pills for the rest of my life cause my stinker is never going anywhere.
Siberians are supposed to be relatively allergy safe...

I see him in water devices. Does he likes water?
If so simply learn him to swim or take a shower once a tenday.
Should help much.
Also an air purifier usually helps.

There are other tips too for allergists whom are cat owners.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Proceed. Just beware if your allery is asthma you must be double cautious.

Severe asthma attacks may come on quickly and be deadly as worst unpleasant as best.

IreneR

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Siberians are supposed to be relatively allergy safe...

I see him in water devices. Does he likes water?
If so simply learn him to swim or take a shower once a tenday.
Should help much.
Also an air purifier usually helps.

There are other tips too for allergists whom are cat owners.
Ok thank you that helps alot. Yes he loves the water even though he yells no all the time, but once he is in he lets me wash him aand loves it. He mainly likes showers instead of baths.

IreneR

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Proceed. Just beware if your allery is asthma you must be double cautious.

Severe asthma attacks may come on quickly and be deadly as worst unpleasant as best.
Thank you!

IreneR

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
He's is unique to me out of all the cat's i have had, even my 6 toed cat named Stuff. Smokie has very long wiskers which i have never seen before. I am cleaning house now and he just following me around and watching me. He has been listed as my ESA animal.