Trying To Bury Can Of Food

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If I had cats that weren't used to dogs, I wouldn't bring a dog home either.
Our cats are used to dogs coming in and out and it doesn't faze them but a cat might be very upset if they're not used to them! Especially since puppies especially are noisy!
Sincerely good on you for respecting his personality and what he can and can't deal with. Your attitude beats the hell out of people I know that bring in a terrible breed for cat households, let the puppy harass the cats and then stick the cats on "anxiety" medication and keep the cat locked away, rather than train their darned dog. Makes me furious.
Personally, I've always wondered why some people think beings that jump, lick, smell, bark incessantly, eat their own and other's droppings, and can be murderously violent are such great animals. No thanks. I know training can make a difference in some instances and that not all of them fit the descriptions I've listed, but I guess I was behind the door when the dog-liking was passed out.

EspiKvlt

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
It always laugh when Castiel does this because he literally tries to bury his food with tile floor. Every single time he eats. And I'm like, "Buddy, that isn't doing anything, why do you keep trying?"

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My brother brought his dogs to doggie school. It really makes a difference. They are wonderful and obedient. I used to be afraid of dogs, but I love them. They are Golden Retrievers and they get along great with his 3 cats.

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Personally, I've always wondered why some people think beings that jump, lick, smell, bark incessantly, eat their own and other's droppings, and can be murderously violent are such great animals. No thanks. I know training can make a difference in some instances and that not all of them fit the descriptions I've listed, but I guess I was behind the door when the dog-liking was passed out.
And so many people think they need a large, powerful breed with prey drive and fight drive that's off the charts when they don't.
You can't BELIEVE how many people want a Border Collie because that stupid "Intelligence of Dogs" book rated the the smartest. They assume a 3 month ol pup will have the intelligence of Hawking and don't realize they need to actually do stuff to bring that out to their advantage.
What gets me is how some breeds are so cat like. Some of the nordic types and some of the native Japanese breeds are like owning 80 pound cats. They're super clean, super quiet, light on their feet, etc.
There are some breeds I wouldn't own, ever. You could not pay me to own them...don't like their personalities.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
And so many people think they need a large, powerful breed with prey drive and fight drive that's off the charts when they don't.
You can't BELIEVE how many people want a Border Collie because that stupid "Intelligence of Dogs" book rated the the smartest. They assume a 3 month ol pup will have the intelligence of Hawking and don't realize they need to actually do stuff to bring that out to their advantage.
What gets me is how some breeds are so cat like. Some of the nordic types and some of the native Japanese breeds are like owning 80 pound cats. They're super clean, super quiet, light on their feet, etc.
There are some breeds I wouldn't own, ever. You could not pay me to own them...don't like their personalities.
I read an article today stating that according to the latest stats, 41% of pitbulls in the current crop are not homed. Maybe people are finally starting to wise up? :sigh:
As to the intelligence, or not, of canines, well, all I've got to say is that Dr. Hawking was certainly brilliant but he failed to acknowledge the most important wisdom of all, that of a Creator (and yeah, I know there are plenty of "smart" people who don't. We just have to agree to disagree. But I know it's a fact.) One of the dogs I was forced to care for was an Akita and if she had been truly loved and cared for, I think she would probably have been a wonderful dog as dogs go. It's all about the love, which also includes personal responsibility and training. Again, :sigh:

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I read an article today stating that according to the latest stats, 41% of pitbulls in the current crop are not homed. Maybe people are finally starting to wise up? :sigh:
As to the intelligence, or not, of canines, well, all I've got to say is that Dr. Hawking was certainly brilliant but he failed to acknowledge the most important wisdom of all, that of a Creator (and yeah, I know there are plenty of "smart" people who don't. We just have to agree to disagree. But I know it's a fact.) One of the dogs I was forced to care for was an Akita and if she had been truly loved and cared for, I think she would probably have been a wonderful dog as dogs go. It's all about the love, which also includes personal responsibility and training. Again, :sigh:
What sucks about Pit Bulls is so many are bred for stupid reasons (money, fighting, etc.) and so many wind up dumped because first time owners can't deal with their drives, energy levels, prey drives, etc.
I've met a lot of APBT's. Good ones are a joy but not a dog I would want in a house full of cats, but some folks do and have no issues due to experience. I don't feel my experience is good for this. It's hard enough keeping bossy ass herding dogs at bay =D
I think you're right on, there is a Creator out there because I can't look at my livestock, my dogs, my cats, us humans, the way things are and assume this was an accident. (Agreed @Furballsmom , yeah, some "smart" people out there disagree with the possibility of a Creator, Higher Power or whatever but...I don't. And anyone out there bristling at this....arguing with me won't change my mind anymore than my arguing with (you) will change yours, so...Get over it.) =D
I've been around Akita (american bred) and Akita Inu (Japanese line dogs, totally different deals) and my strong preference is the Akita Inu. The American Akita is fine, just not my preference.
An Akita Inu is a dog I really like, but the prey drive of both breeds (types?) and lack of biddable behavior with little natural outlet for what they were bred to do keeps us from ever considering one. But we admire the Akita Inu!

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What sucks about Pit Bulls is so many are bred for stupid reasons (money, fighting, etc.) and so many wind up dumped because first time owners can't deal with their drives, energy levels, prey drives, etc.
I've met a lot of APBT's. Good ones are a joy but not a dog I would want in a house full of cats, but some folks do and have no issues due to experience. I don't feel my experience is good for this. It's hard enough keeping bossy ass herding dogs at bay =D
I think you're right on, there is a Creator out there because I can't look at my livestock, my dogs, my cats, us humans, the way things are and assume this was an accident. (Agreed @Furballsmom , yeah, some "smart" people out there disagree with the possibility of a Creator, Higher Power or whatever but...I don't. And anyone out there bristling at this....arguing with me won't change my mind anymore than my arguing with (you) will change yours, so...Get over it.) =D
I've been around Akita (american bred) and Akita Inu (Japanese line dogs, totally different deals) and my strong preference is the Akita Inu. The American Akita is fine, just not my preference.
An Akita Inu is a dog I really like, but the prey drive of both breeds (types?) and lack of biddable behavior with little natural outlet for what they were bred to do keeps us from ever considering one. But we admire the Akita Inu!
Well, I'm willing to concede that since I live in THIS world and not a perfect one, I have to make my peace however I can with that fact, and admit that, as my dad said, "That's what makes horse races" (though I'm not advocating racing or gambling!) and say hey, people's beliefs and preferences are very personal things and diversity is wonderful, like tolerance. To those who love dogs, I give my share of them. And on the spiritual dilemmas, as long as people don't try to shove their beliefs or lack of same down my throat, I'm cool with that because I'd never try to do that to them. It is said that there are as many paths to the Creator as there are seekers. And not everyone seeks. I'll leave it at that. But I agree with you on that, 1 bruce 1 1 bruce 1 !

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, I'm willing to concede that since I live in THIS world and not a perfect one, I have to make my peace however I can with that fact, and admit that, as my dad said, "That's what makes horse races" (though I'm not advocating racing or gambling!) and say hey, people's beliefs and preferences are very personal things and diversity is wonderful, like tolerance. To those who love dogs, I give my share of them. And on the spiritual dilemmas, as long as people don't try to shove their beliefs or lack of same down my throat, I'm cool with that because I'd never try to do that to them. It is said that there are as many paths to the Creator as there are seekers. And not everyone seeks. I'll leave it at that. But I agree with you on that, 1 bruce 1 1 bruce 1 !
:hyper::salam::hyper:
Nicely said!!!!!