Trying To Bury Can Of Food

KarenKat

Kitty on the half shell, tortie power!
Top Cat
Purraise
She'd find a little random piece of dirt or a leaf or twig and was like "this is cool. It's mine now" and plop herself on it.
Lol must be a tortie thing! When we use da bird for play of she catches it she will sit on it to get a breather. Makes it very hard to ger her tired.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
1 bruce 1 1 bruce 1 She was laying eggs. Cat-eggs, like milking cats, is something those who don't know and love cats just don't know about, I guess :crackup: *You need a really small stool for the latter. And a very gentle touch.*

On the chicken wing thing, I have to say I'm happy never to have had that particular problem. What did YOU say?!:lolup:

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
1 bruce 1 1 bruce 1 She was laying eggs. Cat-eggs, like milking cats, is something those who don't know and love cats just don't know about, I guess :crackup: *You need a really small stool for the latter. And a very gentle touch.*

On the chicken wing thing, I have to say I'm happy never to have had that particular problem. What did YOU say?!:lolup:
I said..."oh. How did that get there"...and promptly changed the subject and tried to ignore my burning red face that felt like it was on fire.
I did explain. The person actually thought it was kind of hilarious and we're still very good friends to this day, even though they don't share our raw feeding mentality (but appreciate it as we appreciate their beliefs, too!), they are "dog people". They then told me a fun story about their dog hiding her favorite toys (tennis balls) around the house, and the owner finding 2 or 3 smelly, sticky, dog-drool dampened tennis balls under their pillow one night when they decided to turn in for the night.
About 12 years ago I had one (or two) too many and dropped off on the couch. Woke up the next morning wondering what rabid creature had taken a shot at my back and side and realized I fell asleep on one of those damn dog chew elk antlers. Oops. =/

I wonder if one of those plastic 3 legged things they stick in the center of pizzas would work as a cat milking stool, LMAO! They have to be good for something besides keeping your pizza from going airborne...

One of our girls likes to gather toys, arrange them, lovingly gaze at them, re-arrange, then promptly murder them. I have yet to figure out if this is a play toy thing, a prey thing, a mothering thing, or if we're actually harboring a sociopath serial killer in a cat suit =D

KarenKat

Top Cat
Purraise
I fell asleep on one of those damn dog chew elk antlers. Oops. =/
I have place my head on the pillow to find the following under my head (increasing in frequency if I was on vacation):
  • Q-tips
  • twisty-ties
  • Puff-balls
  • Mechanical Mice (so far no real mice!)
  • kitty litter (thanks :eviltongue:)

I wonder if one of those plastic 3 legged things they stick in the center of pizzas would work as a cat milking stool, LMAO! They have to be good for something besides keeping your pizza from going airborne...
They make excellent dollhouse furniture! A nice end table for a teeny-tiny foyer.

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I had a relative that made amazing doll houses. If they were alive today, they would love this as they were even MORE cat crazy than we are!
I have never found kitty litter under the pillow but I did find a cat turd in the window sill once. That was just...weird, LOL
One of our dogs, as a puppy, had a terrible fascination with used Q-tips from the bathroom bin and would bring them to us, eyes huge and wide, ears pinned, tail wagging with a grin like "BRUH this is AMAZING and it SMELLS LIKE EAR WAX."
We keep the bin under the sink closed off now :biggrin:

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I said..."oh. How did that get there"...and promptly changed the subject and tried to ignore my burning red face that felt like it was on fire.
I did explain. The person actually thought it was kind of hilarious and we're still very good friends to this day, even though they don't share our raw feeding mentality (but appreciate it as we appreciate their beliefs, too!), they are "dog people". They then told me a fun story about their dog hiding her favorite toys (tennis balls) around the house, and the owner finding 2 or 3 smelly, sticky, dog-drool dampened tennis balls under their pillow one night when they decided to turn in for the night.
About 12 years ago I had one (or two) too many and dropped off on the couch. Woke up the next morning wondering what rabid creature had taken a shot at my back and side and realized I fell asleep on one of those damn dog chew elk antlers. Oops. =/

One of our girls likes to gather toys, arrange them, lovingly gaze at them, re-arrange, then promptly murder them. I have yet to figure out if this is a play toy thing, a prey thing, a mothering thing, or if we're actually harboring a sociopath serial killer in a cat suit =D
Oh, are you in for it. I've been waiting to use this for TWO WHOLE DAYS. You fell right into the trap: I think I'll walk. *You have been forewarned*
Yeah, the pizza things are a little bit wonky, but if you're REALLY careful you might be able to use one. Wood or metal would be better, though I know everything is PVC these days. :sigh:
And I am NOT a dog person, so I will refrain from comment on what they do and like that, except to say that nothing should surprise anyone who has those in the house. I know. I was forced to care for two, one in the house. I still have nightmares about it. :(

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, are you in for it. I've been waiting to use this for TWO WHOLE DAYS. You fell right into the trap: I think I'll walk. *You have been forewarned*
Yeah, the pizza things are a little bit wonky, but if you're REALLY careful you might be able to use one. Wood or metal would be better, though I know everything is PVC these days. :sigh:
And I am NOT a dog person, so I will refrain from comment on what they do and like that, except to say that nothing should surprise anyone who has those in the house. I know. I was forced to care for two, one in the house. I still have nightmares about it. :(
I used to dog sit occasionally. I could tell you stories that would curl your hair.
I grew up with dogs as playmates so I think it was a case of "I would NEVER want my dog to act like that" that kept me from harboring crazy monster dogs that are manner-less, and kept me from being an owner that thinks a small dog that bites/attacks people walking by is "cute" or a huge, fat dog straining at the leash and snarling is "protective".
I was mortified when one of my current dogs decided to sniff a cats butt obsessively, smear their nose on the ground and roll in it.
I love dogs but dang they can be so gross!

Daisy6

A cat's best friend
Super Cat
Purraise
My cat does not put her paw in the food bowl but does the burying motion beside it on the floor. I never had any other cat who did this, although another one acted like he was burying his vomitus.

KarenKat

Top Cat
Purraise
I had a roommate who had a cat that would never drink normal. She would dip her paw in the water and lick it off. It was pretty funny.

losna

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I had a roommate who had a cat that would never drink normal. She would dip her paw in the water and lick it off. It was pretty funny.
Oh man, Tempest does something like this sometimes with her food! She pops out a single claw, spears a little chunk of food, and delicately licks it off. She will take hours eating a meal when she does this.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
1 bruce 1 1 bruce 1 Yeah, I mean!!! They're like way lower than bargain-basement cats, if there was such a being. Sorry, but NO. Just NO. I was forced to take care of 2 different dogs in my life (NO MORE.) and the first one would get out, run the neighborhood, probably eat garbage, come home and puke it up all over the (rental) rug. And it wasn't even "our" dog, I later found out (long story, but the dog found his way back to his person, happily).
There have been cats in our furmily who have done similar things with the water and with the food. I guess table manners among cats are as individual as they are among humans...:yummy:

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My cat does not put her paw in the food bowl but does the burying motion beside it on the floor. I never had any other cat who did this, although another one acted like he was burying his vomitus.
So there is this large beach towel laying flat on our kitchen floor we put down last night for our dog to have a late night snack to prevent that bile puke. I did not pick the towel up.
This morning, someone had crapped a small turd on the towel, then buried it by wadding the towel up in a tiny ball. I didn't remember wadding the towel up, un-wadded it and went :doh:

KarenKat

Top Cat
Purraise
Like a little poopy burrito. Do you know if that was a canine or feline artwork?

And for the record, I love dogs and have always been a dog person. But boyfriend had cats and I drank the Kool-aide. I would love a nice big breed one day like a lab or a husky :loveeyes:

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Like a little poopy burrito. Do you know if that was a canine or feline artwork?

And for the record, I love dogs and have always been a dog person. But boyfriend had cats and I drank the Kool-aide. I would love a nice big breed one day like a lab or a husky :loveeyes:
KarenKat KarenKat , I'm pretty sure @1CatOverTheLine has a nice big Snowshoe he can let you have cheap.

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Huskies can be iffy with cats unless supervision and separation is there, because the prey drive in some lines can be off the charts. It's certainly do-able, but safety first!
Most Labs are superb with cats, and Golden Retrievers (one of my favorites!) usually are, too. Such sweet, gentle dogs once they get past the complete nutso puppyhood =D A Golden Retriever is on my list for dogs I want as a house companion and to do some therapy stuff with. They're just so darned sweet and loving.
Border Collies and herding dogs in general IME vary. Some dogs are excellent and consider cats their "sheep" and would probably die to protect them and others make a habit of staring at them constantly and getting to "up" in drive when the cat moves, runs, etc. Most don't wish to do harm but that instinct to control moving things takes over and the cat can get really, really annoyed =D
If you like the breed in general, the organizations that rescue retired racing greyhounds are the absolute TOPS when it comes to cat testing, better than any shelter or other rescue out there IMO because they test the living crap out of the dogs before even offering them up for potential adoption. A friend of a friend adopted a hound, and she insisted on a cat friendly dog because she had many, many cats (indoors and out) and the rescue, a few months later, contacted her with the perfect dog. This dog was so gentle with cats. He was so quiet, dignified and calm that the feral cats would walk up to him and rub against him, giving the human the stink eye, and the dog would gently stand there. He was a keeper.

KarenKat

Top Cat
Purraise
Awww, the greyhound story is quite charming.

Thanks for the info. Personally I probably would wait a while for a dog since Gohan doesn’t deal well with change and I doubt a dog would be amenable to him. And a lot of breed research would have to happen if it did come up.

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Awww, the greyhound story is quite charming.

Thanks for the info. Personally I probably would wait a while for a dog since Gohan doesn’t deal well with change and I doubt a dog would be amenable to him. And a lot of breed research would have to happen if it did come up.
If I had cats that weren't used to dogs, I wouldn't bring a dog home either.
Our cats are used to dogs coming in and out and it doesn't faze them but a cat might be very upset if they're not used to them! Especially since puppies especially are noisy!
Sincerely good on you for respecting his personality and what he can and can't deal with. Your attitude beats the hell out of people I know that bring in a terrible breed for cat households, let the puppy harass the cats and then stick the cats on "anxiety" medication and keep the cat locked away, rather than train their darned dog. Makes me furious.