Trying to bring in an outdoor cat

Status
Not open for further replies.

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am going to get a harness for Pi soon and start him wearing it a little bit each day in the house now before Spring gets here. Then by the time it does he shouldn't mind when I put it on him to go out. In addition to that he sees that I put a harness and leash on Happy so he MAY accept it. MAYBE.
Good luck with that. It'll be wonderful if he agrees to wear it. He'll get what he wants and you'll relax.

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
http://www.thecatsite.com/content/type/61/id/261764/width/200/height/400[/
IMG]

Buddies on another snow day![/quote]

Thats a beautiful picture. Pi is really at home. Stop worrying about him. Please.

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm continuing to bathe his eye with a mild boric acid solution 3 times daily followed by a bit of erythromycin ophthalmic ointment. He allows me to do it and acts as if it feels good--soothing. I think the eye is starting to look better and no longer has that yellowish white discharge. What you see in the corner of his eye in this photo is the ointment.

[/quote

Wonderful picture and his eye looks tons better. Well done.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
In case you're still interested, I get some really nice corrugated cardboard/organic catnip scratching pads from CatClaws(dot)com; they have different styles, sizes and prices to fit almost any family's needs.  Long time customer here, very satisfied with their scratchers, toys, etc.  They also do rescue/adoptions, which means a lot to me.  Check them out! 

linda carella

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Wow pipi eye looks great. Keep doing what you are doing.
Tara girl thank you. I will go to that web site.

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
In case you're still interested, I get some really nice corrugated cardboard/organic catnip scratching pads from CatClaws(dot)com; they have different styles, sizes and prices to fit almost any family's needs.  Long time customer here, very satisfied with their scratchers, toys, etc.  They also do rescue/adoptions, which means a lot to me.  Check them out! :rub:
I don't live in America. Sigh.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, Stewball, I'm so sorry!  Maybe if you use your computer's search engine you can find some very similar products close to you?  I hope! 

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

pi-pi

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Took this photo last night after the snow stopped. We got another 8 or 9 inches here. I have at least 2 feet in my front yard. Took a photo of my house then cropped this section to show you who was sitting in the bay window watching me outside taking this photo. I think he is actually enjoying it inside the house. I had to laugh as I stood there thinking that it was only a short time ago that the situation was reversed--he was outside and I was inside watching him!

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, Stewball, I'm so sorry!  Maybe if you use your computer's search engine you can find some very similar products close to you?  I hope! 
They do have the scratch cardboard things which are very worn and very expensive. They cost about $30-40. See his ridiculous it is
I hope to go to England at the end of the year to the supreme cat.show and then on to Scotland. I've never been. I should be able to get reasonably priced ones there and they pack flat.

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Took this photo last night after the snow stopped. We got another 8 or 9 inches here. I have at least 2 feet in my front yard. Took a photo of my house then cropped this section to show you who was sitting in the bay window watching me outside taking this photo. I think he is actually enjoying it inside the house. I had to laugh as I stood there thinking that it was only a short time ago that the situation was reversed--he was outside and I was inside watching him!

Little lovely.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hope you are able to do that, and that you will find some perfect scratchers.  It's ridiculous that they don't have a variety of these there -- I happen to know that there ARE INDEED loved, well-cared-for cats there, as there are just about everywhere on the planet 

anne with cats

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
That is such a wonderful photo! And so much more meaningful knowing the story behind it! LOL you outside, cat inside so warm and relaxed.!  I have enjoyed following this thread, and can't wait for Pi Pi and Happy to be saddled up in their little harnesses taking a walk with you!

linda carella

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
A wonderful picture of PiPi looking out the window. You got alot of snow like me. We got a total of 10 inches. But I think it is over. My Bell does not want to go out. So I am hoping he can be an indoor cat but I start feeling bad we he looks out the window. Let me know how that harness will work on PiPi if you decide to get it. Keep warm.

linda carella

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Stewball I was wondering if this is a good sign that they might be getting along. There was no growling today from gwen my calco.
Bell has been such a good boy. He seems to going in all the rooms now and just relaxing. Here is a picture of them closer on the bed.

linda carella

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Pipi we had such a scare today. Nemo almost got hit by a car today. We went for a drive out east and we stopped for dunkin donuts. When I opened the door Nemo ran out and was just running and running. He them went into the street and a car came and stopped short.oh my god than this woman came out of nowhere with her little dog and Nemo ran right to the dog. I was able to grab him. He is white and with all the white snow it was so hard to see were he was going.having cats is so much easier .we than came home and I broke out in a rash . Guess what Nemo is doing right now. He is sleeping. What a day. But I did come home to my bella and gwen sleeping together on the bed.

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Stewball I was wondering if this is a good sign that they might be getting along. There was no growling today from gwen my calco.
Bell has been such a good boy. He seems to going in all the rooms now and just relaxing. Here is a picture of them closer on the bed. [/quote

If gwen is prepared to let bell sit/sleep on the bed then you're near comlete acceptance. There will be some hisses but they won't last. She's also showing him that she's alpha cat.

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Pipi we had such a scare today. Nemo almost got hit by a car today. We went for a drive out east and we stopped for dunkin donuts. When I opened the door Nemo ran out and was just running and running. He them went into the street and a car came and stopped short.oh my god than this woman came out of nowhere with her little dog and Nemo ran right to the dog. I was able to grab him. He is white and with all the white snow it was so hard to see were he was going.having cats is so much easier .we than came home and I broke out in a rash . Guess what Nemo is doing right now. He is sleeping. What a day. But I did come home to my bella and gwen sleeping together on the bed.
That must have been terrifying. Still all's well that ends well. Has your rash gone?

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Judy stop thinking thinking of pi pi as an outside cat. He's not anymore. No more saying I can let him out when the snow is better. No you can't. You must decide here and now he's a housecat. He wouldn't be sitting looking out of the windows. This is dome

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Judy stop thinking thinking of pi pi as an outside cat. He's not anymore. No more saying I can let him out when the snow is better. No you can't. You must decide here and now he's a housecat. He wouldn't be sitting looking out of the windows. This is dome
Stewball I was wondering if this is a good sign that they might be getting along. There was no growling today from gwen my calco
Bell has been such a good boy. He seems to going in all the rooms now and just relaxing. Here is a picture of them closer on the bed.
If gwen is prepared to let bell sit/sleep on the bed then you're near complation of the introduction. The hissing is to tell bell that she is alpha cat.

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
@Pi Pi
All cats look out of windows. Ask everybody. They see all sorts of lovely things through the windows. Welcome pi pi the housecat.

Status
Not open for further replies.