Tried Everything- Still Weeing In Corners !

Pennygriggs87

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Please could anyone help ? I have 10 week old kitten who urinates in the corners of the room- she uses the litter tray sometimes but over times just goes to the nearest corner. I have washed all corners and eradicated smell used bicarbonate of soda solution . Sprayed get off spray. Covered corners. Used lavender. Cleaned litter trays more often. Scoop always immediately . Put three or 4 litter trays out so always one near by. Told her off. Picked her up and carried to litter tray. Nothing works !!! She still uses litter tray majority of time but then every now and again wees in corners even on sheets or rugs which are placed over corners !
Have no idea what else to try ! Please help. Thank you!

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Bicarbonate of some will not remove the urine odor. While you may not be able to smell it, she still can. You need an enzyme based cleaner like Nature’s Miracle. When you use it you want to be sure you really soak the area. Then I would place a litter box in each corner.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Pennygriggs87

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Bicarbonate of some will not remove the urine odor. While you may not be able to smell it, she still can. You need an enzyme based cleaner like Nature’s Miracle. When you use it you want to be sure you really soak the area. Then I would place a litter box in each corner.
Thanks for the reply- we have 9 corners as it is our main open plan living room / dining room so litter trays in each isn't really feasible. I have about 4 out now! I will try nature's miracle too.
Yes we went for the initial check up when we got her and they said she was small - she was treated for fleas and worms as it seems the people we got her from hadn't done anything. And have been back to vet who says she is healthy.

5starcathotel

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hmmm, tough one. At 10-weeks old, she should not be sexually mature and shouldn't be trying to mark territory...is it possible she doesn't care for your type of litter? or the boxes you have?