Traveling Cats

vansX2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Back in April '19, I received the first of my current two cats. Though the travel process wasn't easy especially for kitty. The original flight plan was from DFW to Chicago O'Hara onto Rochester, MN. But no thanks to the "United" folks at DFW, kitty was sent elsewhere. I arrived ahead of time to pickup kitty. Only to be told that NO pet flights happened in the afternoon. The United Ticket agent found that he was sent to Rochester, New York. I spoke to the United agent in New York whom stated that kitty would be flying onwards later that day to Newark, NJ because there were no pet accommodations at that New York Airport. I don’t think kitty or I got much sleep that night. Fortunately early the next morning kitty was flying back to The correct Rochester Airport via Chicago. What a hassle. Kitty arrived safe and sound. Though United should have compensated me for mileage at the very least, but they didn't. I contacted the Breeder about the issue but received a lukewarm response. Because of kitties many miles traveled. I named him Miles. He is my Black/White, neutered, Turkish Van. He generally is very quiet, not a lap cat but enjoys snuggling.

verna davies

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hi vansX2 vansX2 and Miles, welcome to the site, glad you have joined us. That's quite a journey Miles took to get to his forever home, thankfully he coped with it. Dont forget to post photos of your cats, the more the merrier.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

vansX2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi vansX2 vansX2 and Miles, welcome to the site, glad you have joined us. That's quite a journey Miles took to get to his forever home, thankfully he coped with it. Dont forget to post photos of your cats, the more the merrier.
I've tried posting photos of them . But haven't found the knack on how to get the uploading accomplished.

Tik cat's mum

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
:welcomesign:to you and Miles. What a awesome name for him considering what happened. Your the proud owner of Jackpot too aren't you correct me if I'm wrong. 😁 if you go to attach files next to insert quotes you will be able to select pictures you want. If I've not explained it good enough just pm one of the forum helpers they'll explain it better than me. There aren't many van's out there your lucky to have two awesome cat's.

Tik cat's mum

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

vansX2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They are beautiful boy's. Love that first picture of Jackpot he's claimed that chair like a boss :lol: awww the pic of them cuddling I bet Miles is nice and warm.
Miles is much more tolerant than Jackpot. Here's another view of Miles
Two very pretty cats. Jackpot looks like he's watching a good movie.
More often than not, Jackpot sees himself as the boss of the two cats. Miles is 11 months older than Jackpot Yet Jackpot is the dominant cat.

Tik cat's mum

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Miles is much more tolerant than Jackpot. Here's another view of Miles

More often than not, Jackpot sees himself as the boss of the two cats. Miles is 11 months older than Jackpot Yet Jackpot is the dominant cat.
Miles looks like he's a chilled cat. My younger boy rules the house too. He's 2 my older boy is 5 and puts up with so much from his little brother. The picture of Miles didn't come on.