Trapping Mom And Kittens - Help!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

unbridledspirit

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
What's going on today with the family?
They're adjusting really well. Mama is a sweetheart. I'll be taking them to the vet later in the week for a check up but they all appear to be healthy.

unbridledspirit

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I've been keeping Mama and the kittens in a large pet playpen so they can get accustomed to normal daily household activity. It seems to be working out well. I've also been letting them out for short periods of time so they can play and stretch their little legs. Every now and then, Mama will hiss and growl at them when they approach her. She only does that when they're not in the playpen. Otherwise, she's fine and cuddles with them. Is that normal? I figure she does that when she doesn't want to be bothered. And even though I can hold and pet the kittens, they're still a bit skittish. And they know when playtime is over (ie. they'll run and hide). Is there anything I should or shouldn't be doing to help with socialization?

surya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't know unbridledspirit. I would just do what you are doing. I would like to know too. I hope some kitten socialization experts will weigh in on this.

mazie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, sooo cute!! I love how in that first picture that little black kitten is peeking out from what looks like underneath mom's tail??:biggrin:

unbridledspirit

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Yes, sooo cute!! I love how in that first picture that little black kitten is peeking out from what looks like underneath mom's tail??:biggrin:
yes, he was peeking out from behind mom :)