Transitioning: gravy licker to fully raw

lucentstreak

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Dear all,

Thank you for your forum posts as they have been immensely helpful. Hugo and I are in the midst of transitioning over to raw. He was previously on a diet of grain free wet and dry and we're transitioning due to the recent discovery and bout of FORL where some teeth were extracted. So far, I have managed to feed him ground PMR raw mixed with wet food. I haven't been able to make a full transition as Hugo is a huge gravy licker and refuses to touch the raw meat without gravy (mostly from grain free Sheba wet). I'm just wondering if you have any tips/alternatives and advice as to what I can mix for him other than Sheba.

Thank you!

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You might still try some of the dry if he insists on it, many cats have eaten dry with no teeth. Cats swallow much of their food whole without chewing at all, so make sure any raw is in tiny pieces he could swallow if he wants, ground is good. Right now, after tooth extraction, I would just get him to eat than worry about changing him over. You might check into Hartz Delectable Lickable treats in stew, not bisque. They have a large amount of 'gravy' to mix with. It has no added fillers or by-products and no added perservatives. All the luck1