training/meowing question

KitEKats4Eva!

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by bullymom

Thanks Sarah,
I have tried this but he is very persistant, plus as soon as I start putting the bowl down, he meows again so unless I can get the bowl back up in time, he gets rewarded for meowing.
Maybe, I'll add the clicker to this to see if he gets the idea better.
I have lots of dog experience with the clicker, but have never tried it with him. Of course I'll have to close the door, the dogs all come running for their treats as soon as they hear the clicker LOL!
amanda and kipling
I know! If they're smart they can start getting too big for their britches!! I used the clicker to teach Ruby the `off' command - and then she realised if she jumped, and then got off when she was told, she'd get a treat - so she kept jumping!! Little dag - I had to start intermittently treating after that to outsmart her right back...lol

marnie kay

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise

I guess that someone who isn't a morning person will be annoyed by all the meowing. What my two do is more of a cooperative onslaught.

First, Princess comes to my ear and meows. I tell her to "go to sleep." I get to sleep for half hour.
Then I get both of them just sitting, right next to my face, like silent hypnosis will work. After that, I get the wet kisses on my toes, or my nose. The last assault is a 16 pound Bunny weight jumping on me at full tilt. They seem to enjoy the routine immensely.
After I feed them they mercifully allow me to go back to bed though.