Toys similar to springs?

Luvyna

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My kitten absolutely loves this kind of spring toy:

They are perfect for interactive play (he chases and fetches them!) and independent play as well because he can bat them around and they are so light and bouncy that they move at the slightest touch. They've been so good for keeping him entertained when I'm working.

I'd love to get more toys like this if anyone knows of any - something small and light that my kitten can carry, something that moves a lot easily and erratically/unpredictably when touched, and ideally something that makes a bit of sound against the floor because that seems to be part of what gets my kitten excited about them - they sound almost like a small animal running away. He also likes jingly and crinkly toys.

Tobermory

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
Staff Member
Purraise
Your little guy can’t carry these, but otherwise, they meet all of your other criteria. Plastic Easter eggs. My cat loves these! They weigh almost nothing and are uneven so they roll in unpredictable directions and then wobble around. I zoom it across the floor and she races after it, batting it all over the place. I had to tape it together because she slapped it so hard against the wall it wouldn’t stay together. :lol:
9386A84B-4F6A-4432-9D9E-80B928B42C06.jpeg
003DC501-70B4-4060-B38B-DB2BE657E1E9.jpeg

Babypaws

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Whenever I go shopping I always look for cat toys, have tons but I found out the favorite things some of them LOVE are simple pipe cleaners. I have 3 cats that love to play fletch with them so I twist them up and toss them, although I do have several of the “spring” toys they play with too. Chewy does have some little sponge-like balls.
They bounce really good and are really light and easy for cats to pickup.
The Easter eggs are good too, especially when you put something inside. My cats also love the laser toys too.

IndyJones

Adopt don't shop.
Top Cat
Purraise
My cats love a simple empty toilet paper roll. They are easy to replace since you always need toilet paper. I just throw it and they love it.

I tried those spring things and the ones that look like Chinese finger traps but they go missing less than 30 minutes.

Abc12345

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My kitten absolutely loves this kind of spring toy:

They are perfect for interactive play (he chases and fetches them!) and independent play as well because he can bat them around and they are so light and bouncy that they move at the slightest touch. They've been so good for keeping him entertained when I'm working.

I'd love to get more toys like this if anyone knows of any - something small and light that my kitten can carry, something that moves a lot easily and erratically/unpredictably when touched, and ideally something that makes a bit of sound against the floor because that seems to be part of what gets my kitten excited about them - they sound almost like a small animal running away. He also likes jingly and crinkly toys.
My cat who loves the spring toys also is obsessed with q-tips, stoppers from starbucks, the handles cut off of paper shopping bags, and both my cats ESPECIALLY love slapping around these fluffy toys (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08S748JXQ/?tag=thecatsite ). Of course, some of these things are a choking hazard if your cat is likely to eat inedible objects.

Abc12345

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My vet gave my cat one of these and the 3 fought over it. They all loved it View attachment 424682
What is it with vets and toys? My vet gave my cat a different mouse toy and both my cats have played with it so much I had to restuff it and sew it back together.
Many mouse toys later, I still havent found a mouse toy good enough to replace the one that’s falling apart.