Torn Carpet

Bri1976

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
well...my cat tore up my carpet again. It’s right under my door and I have to fix it before my parents find out or my cats will literally be thrown out the back door and I will grounded for months. He’s done it multiple times. If I leave him in my room while I’m gone for a couple hours he destroys it. I don’t want to leave him out because step mom hates cats. I’ve tried the spray and I’ve tried tapping some plastic mat up under my door. He chews through the mat and still tears the carpet. Any suggestions? I refuse to get him declawed. I don’t believe in it one bit.
Also anyone know how to repair carpet

KarenKat

Kitty on the half shell, tortie power!
Top Cat
Purraise
What kind of stimulation does he have in your room? Maybe something to keep him occupied like a window perch, toys you bring out only when you leave or cat videos playing?

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Does he have a good, carpet covered (since he likes that) scratcher near the door?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Bri1976

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
He has a carpet scratching post next to the door and he has one at the foot of my bed. Plus he has some toys scattered around my room.

Kflowers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's kinda hard to put the caps on by yourself, but the kennel people at your vet should be able to do it for a very low fee. However, the caps did not stop our cat from clawing, they made her start on the sofa to get them off. They did keep her from scratching us, until we got to know each other better.

Kflowers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
just to give you some breathing space, you might want to look around and see if there is anyone who can keep your cat for awhile if your stepmom goes ballistic.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Bri1976

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
oh no. she wont let me keep the animals if they tear up the carpet. She will make me find new homes for them and I will never be allowed to have another animal until I move out. I thought about the nails.