Topaz is caterwauling something awful, could use some prayers :(

kathyfromcanada

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Looks like another trip to the vet. He has been caterwauling off and on for some time now. He sit's with his chin in his water, bowl, I suspect because he is in pain. It may be time to put him to sleep. *Tears* .

He is such a beautiful spirit. It is tearing my heart out.

I will keep you posted.

Please we really could use some good vibes and prayers..

Thank you...

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh no! I'll definitely send you all the vibes I can, and pray for him too, it's heartbreaking when you feel so helpless. Please keep your hopes up, it may be something curable, I truly hope so. Bless you for being there for him, give him a kiss for me. Please keep us posted!

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Kathy, your baby is in my thoughts and prayers. I hope it's not time yet, but if he needs to go to the Bridge, I pray he has a peaceful journey. 

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I am so very sorry. I am hoping and praying for the best for you and your kitty.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kathyfromcanada

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Update on Topaz: the vet did some blood test, not all of them back yet. He's NOT diabetic, one of the items on the kidney chart ,slight elevation,vet said she isn't worried so much about that as other markers on that tested ok. It could be arthritis. Still waiting for one more test. I will find out tomorrow. They tried taking his blood pressure. He didn't like that ONE bit! Can't use the results as his blood pressure showed high but could be simply because he was freaking at the time. Apparently the vet said , cat's are lousy as taking blood pressure test and the results aren't very accurate and usually can't be used as a result.  He also had his nails trimmed since we were there anyways.  Pending what happens with the other test, T-4. I think she called it. Will be checking his teeth with a dental exam, IF possible, he is 18 years old, they might not even do it.

She is concerned that he may be in pain, and is looking into what to give him, pending the results and his age.

Please continue prayers and good vibes.

Thanks so much for everyone s good wishes so far.......... 

missm

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
So sorry...prayers and vibes coming your way <3<3

kathyfromcanada

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Another update. Fortunately some good news at least in that it's manageable. His thyroid has gotten worse, so they have upped the medication. He is now on medicam (I think it's pronounced.)for pain

management for arthritis.

Will be rebooking for another vet appointment for an update on another blood test.

Thank you for your prayers and good wishes.  
Back at you all.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Kathy, if it's partly a thyroid problem, he could be caterwauling, too, because he's hungry? We went through this with both Whisper and Bootser (their thyroids were both wacky and the vet said that even though they were eating, they were always hungry. All the time. Overactive thyroid.) And we're starting to go through it now with BooBoo and with Ms. Pepe to a lesser degree. Boo wakes up and thinks he needs a snack. Constantly. He's getting to the point where he awakens us now at 3:30 to 4:00 in the morning because he wants breakfast. And on the rare morning when he doesn't yell, Pepe does. They're 18 now, so I guess they're entitled, but it's darned annoying.

As for his pain, I'm glad the vet gave you something for him. Arthritis is not fun for us humans and we can tell each other what's wrong. Cats cannot and that makes it even harder to figure out what's wrong with them. Especially as they get older.

Continuing to keep your guy in my thoughts. You're doing a good job with him. 

kathyfromcanada

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise

Kathy, if it's partly a thyroid problem, he could be caterwauling, too, because he's hungry? We went through this with both Whisper and Bootser (their thyroids were both wacky and the vet said that even though they were eating, they were always hungry. All the time. Overactive thyroid.) And we're starting to go through it now with BooBoo and with Ms. Pepe to a lesser degree. Boo wakes up and thinks he needs a snack. Constantly. He's getting to the point where he awakens us now at 3:30 to 4:00 in the morning because he wants breakfast. And on the rare morning when he doesn't yell, Pepe does. They're 18 now, so I guess they're entitled, but it's darned annoying.

As for his pain, I'm glad the vet gave you something for him. Arthritis is not fun for us humans and we can tell each other what's wrong. Cats cannot and that makes it even harder to figure out what's wrong with them. Especially as they get older.

Continuing to keep your guy in my thoughts. You're doing a good job with him. 
Topaz is doing better. No more caterwauling. He must have been in awful pain. The vet's upped his thyroid medication as that was the problem, along with arthritis. He purrs a lot more when you pick him up to pet him. He's such a sweet boy. Thank you .