Took In My Neighbor’s Abandoned Cat..now She Needs To Go To Vet

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Ashleyannmerk

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My post looks "out of order"....sorry! I left the screen open while I washed some dishes and replied before checking for the new updates. :rolleyes:

Is she straining like she really needs to poop but can't?
Lol no worries!! Well, we were together with the exception of 2-3 hours since Friday morning. She was on my lap between play sessions most of the day and then a little while after her meds, she jumped down off my lap and up on her Mickey Mouse couch and passed out. I took that as my cue that she wanted some alone time, which was fine with me because my back was KILLING me from sitting on the soft couch for two days straight. Then she wandered upstairs a little while later to my dads room when he went in there to get ready for bed and spent the night with him so I haven’t seen her try to use the bathroom yet today. I had to stop at the store to get her food and I’m gonna go in by her when I get back. I just don’t want her straining to go number 2 and reirritate and inflame her bladder bc her peepees are finally normal size. Other than that she’s great. She was begging my dad to play with her this morning and rolling around with his bathroom rug and he was getting a kick outta her.

orange&white

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think she would be hanging close to or in the cat box if she needs to poop and can't go. Last year, I steamed some sardines thinking that would be a good treat. Both cats got constipated for 2 days. They definitely tried to "show me" that they were straining to go. Cats are pretty smart. :)

It's probably just the stress from the last week, and possibly a little constipation from the meds. When your vet calls back he might suggest Miralax or the hair ball treatment mentioned, if she starts to look like she's really constipated. Until then, sounds like she's getting back to her happy normal self. :petcat:

Ashleyannmerk

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I think she would be hanging close to or in the cat box if she needs to poop and can't go. Last year, I steamed some sardines thinking that would be a good treat. Both cats got constipated for 2 days. They definitely tried to "show me" that they were straining to go. Cats are pretty smart. :)

It's probably just the stress from the last week, and possibly a little constipation from the meds. When your vet calls back he might suggest Miralax or the hair ball treatment mentioned, if she starts to look like she's really constipated. Until then, sounds like she's getting back to her happy normal self. :petcat:
Well she hasn’t been doing that so that makes me feel MUCH better. This is my first kitty that’s my own and I’ve read they are very very good at hiding ailments and she did a great job hiding her last one. If I hadn’t heard her meow in the litter box, I would have never even known. Meanwhile, she had something the vet described as extremely painful and she was a trooper. I’m gonna keep my eye on her in the litter box today. I try not to stare and make her self conscious but I’ll be sure to peek over and listen.

Ashleyannmerk

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
WE GOT POOP!!! The vet just called and said to give her Miralax and I was like let me check her litter boxes one more time before I go back out and there it was!

Now we’re playing and she’s acting a lioness.

98A69715-2BA6-4E87-B43E-78319E856AB5.jpeg
F64AB3FD-8E5E-46F4-8610-4A69913D53EF.jpeg
C21A9B15-3C66-4183-83B0-831E31CD3649.jpeg
9DD07302-6A98-4BC0-B5AC-F1C752C8866F.jpeg

You can see yellow boa pieces all over her. I used to get nervous bc she’s rip the boa apart with her mouth but she just spits it out. And I’ve checked her poo before and no yellow feathers.

Rustic Lily

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi, as far as the chip goes, I wouldnt mention it and get your kitty into the vet. I am a mom with lots of experience with UTI in my baby boy. Usually bladder infections, UTI'S and crystals (serious) are more common in male cats, but still very serious in females too. Is she trying to pee outside her litter box at all? That' usually a sign of a UTI. My boy had to go onto an all wet canned food diet. But read your labels on wet food. I can help with that if you need. But since he's been on wet food no more UTI or any bladder issues. But you have to get her on antibiotics right away.
Let me know if I can help in any way

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
She's looking great! What a lucky girl to be able to move into the loving and caring neighbour's house. :petcat: